Boy, 3, Puts Cat In Microwave

twiggers

O.G.
May 7, 2006
Poor poor poor poor kitty! My eyes are welling up. The little boy couldn't have known any better....but where in the world were the parents??????? And the at was named Stouffer? How ironic.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/15945958/detail.html

There is a picture of the kitty if you click on the link...

DETROIT -- A cat is recovering after a 3-year-old boy put it into a microwave and turned it on.
About two weeks ago, a Detroit family brought the cat to the VCA Animal Hospital in Detroit after their child put Stouffer the cat into a microwave.
The family told the hospital they had gotten the cat for a gift and could not afford to take care of it and did not have the money to pay for the medical bills.

The kitten's feet, tail and ears were burned. The tail and ears had to be amputated.
Stouffer is recovering well and will soon be up for adoption.
Hospital workers described Stouffer as feisty and playful.
For more information on adopting Stouffer, or other pets in need of a home, call, 1-313-928-9100.

That is truly sad. I wonder how come they are giving it up for adoption?

Ok forgive me for saying this...but a cat named Stouffer? A tad bit ironic?

In any event, I am not laughing at this situation. I think it is heartbreaking and I am glad the kitty is okay.

Attachments

• 215475_RBTurkStuf3D.jpg
    215475_RBTurkStuf3D.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 59
I really think that parents should wait until children are older before getting a pet. There are so many horror stories involving young children abusing animals. I know the boy was only 3 but at that age I wasn't sticking animals in microwaves. I wasn't even allowed to use a microwave!! Where were his parents?

. I know the boy was only 3 but at that age I wasn't sticking animals in microwaves. I wasn't even allowed to use a microwave!! Where were his parents?
Seriously. There is no reason a three year old should be using a microwave. And no reason that family should've had a cat, since the article said they couldn't afford it. :sad:

how would a 3 yr old know to put a cat into a microwave and then set the timer? even if it was an auto timer (one button to set), i dont understand how the boy lured the cat in and was strong enough to force the doors closed.

sorry but i really love animals and i dont think this is excusable even for a 3 yr old. parents as well as the child has a responsibility. And after all that, they are giving the cat up for adoption?

how would a 3 yr old know to put a cat into a microwave and then set the timer? even if it was an auto timer (one button to set), i dont understand how the boy lured the cat in and was strong enough to force the doors closed.
I wondered that, too. How did he know how to use the microwave at such a young age, and how was he strong enough? I'm not positive it was the three year-old that did it. :shrugs:

"The family told the hospital they had gotten the cat for a gift and could not afford to take care of it and did not have the money to pay for the medical bills." --that's why they're giving it up.

I don't think for a second that a 3 year old did this. So they want us to believe that not only could he reach the microwave, he was strong enough to open the door (presumably whilst holding the cat), shove it in, shut the door and then be able to reach up and know how to turn the thing on. I think a much older person did this and the child has copped the blame so that no cruelty charges could be laid.
Poor kitty.

This is shocking & I agree with people who doubt that the 3 year old did this! That poor cat, I am sick thinking what he/she suffered. I hope someone takes her now that will give her the loving she deserves after this ordeal! Those people should be charged with cruelty to animals!

I don't buy that a 3 yr old did that, not for a minute. That poor cat. I hope the cat finds a loving home where he is safe and happy. Why do people have pets if they can't afford to care for them in the first place?

Poor little kitty! Thank God it wasn't worse, and I hope that cat is not returned to that home.

That cat deserves a loving family.

(And I don't believe the child did it, either. That cat would've scratched the crap out of the kid if he tried to put it in the microwave.)