Boy, 3, Puts Cat In Microwave

I got tears in my eyes as well, looking at the picture of the poor kitty. :crybaby:

I hope that it is not in any pain, and that someone will adopt it and it will be able to learn to trust humans again, which will probably take a while.

Edited to add:
I believe that a 3-year-old could turn on a microwave (I once read an article about a cat who learned how to do that), but I am puzzled as to how he could reach it. I've only ever seen microwaves put on tables and counters that such a small child could not possibly reach, even if he was tall for his age...

how would a 3 yr old know to put a cat into a microwave and then set the timer? even if it was an auto timer (one button to set), i dont understand how the boy lured the cat in and was strong enough to force the doors closed.

sorry but i really love animals and i dont think this is excusable even for a 3 yr old. parents as well as the child has a responsibility. And after all that, they are giving the cat up for adoption?

This is exactly what came to my mind.

Sorry but at 3 I had already been told that animals can feel pain like humans and have to be treated with care and love, and I was 3 before child psychology became "cool".
If the boy really did it (have my doubts), I would hold him responsible for it, together with parents that not only were absent, but also didn't impart any wisdom.

What a horrible story: I hope the kitten finds a loving home. I would probably get more information on adopting him/her if I lived in the USA.

If indeed the 3-year old boy did this, then it was due to the parents' negligence. And then they have the nerve to give Stouffer to a shelter. That really ticks me off. :cursing::cursing:

That whole family sounds like a bunch of winners.
I could not agree more........

The parents DID say the kitty was a gift and they could not afford him, etc. So maybe the parents did do it and blamed it on the kid????? If the parents did do it though, wouldn't they have just killed it??

Sometimes, I think too much. People are getting more disturbing by the day in this world.

When my nephew was young, he would pull up a chair to reach the microwave on the counter. It had a button to push to open, and he could do that at age 3. I think he may have been doing it younger. My sister-in-law had to move the microwave farther back on the counter so he couldn't reach it. I believe it very well could have been the child.

I am glad the cat is going up for adoption and away from this dysfunctional family.

Exactly! I cant believe some of you are saying that you cant believe they gave him up! Why should he stick around and be tortured more?

And I can't believe how hard yall are coming down on a THREE YEAR OLDER. At 3 my next door neighbor's grandchild picked my then puppy up by her collar like she was a rag muppet. They are strong and don't know what they are doing. At 3 I don't feel you should have ANY pets.