Boxford as an Everyday Work Bag?

Coconuts40

Aug 3, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the Longchamp forum, but definitely not new to Longchamp. I carry a lot to work, and have been thinking about getting the Boxford in large. I love the reinforced leather corners and the long strap that can be worn as cross body or over the shoulder, or removed. I know it is essentially considered a travel bag, and when I saw in IRL, it does appear to have the fabric and look of luggage. But wondering, would it look silly if I used it as an every day bag for work. Do any of you have it, and any thoughts on the durability? Thank you

Hi, don't know if it will still be useful for you. I recently got the size L Boxford travel bag in brown. And I use it regularly as a work bag. 2 Thoughts.

1. It's a great bag but if you don't have a lot to carry, it can be too large for a work bag. The bag will sack especially at the bottom which makes the bag look kind of sad. So I overcome this by using a cheap pillow I bought from IKEA (around $2-3) which is very light and not too big to fill the bag along side my stuff I carry for work.

2. You will likely get comments from your colleagues as I usually have. If you are fine with that, like me, then great.

Hi. Thank you for your reply. Since posting, I have started to use it every day. I carry TONS to work, and at first when it was still a bit more crisp, it appeared overwhelming. But since, it is the most useful bag. I think it all depends on what your career is like and how much you need to carry to work. Unfortunately I am one of those that needs to carry a change of clothes, some supplies, etc... So it has been perfect. Also, the corners - no problem, no tears or rips or holes which has been amazing!! Thank you and who cares what colleagues have to say :smile: