Boxes-to keep to pitch?

KimTX

O.G.
Mar 19, 2013
I know this has been asked before somewhere, but I wanted updated answers since selling and such has changed over the years.

• I never store bags or SLG's in boxes, so they just sit empty, or they are nested, and one has all my receipts in it.
  • I'm getting sick of the clutter.
  • When I sell a bag to Fashionphile (the only reseller I do business with) I do include the box if I have it, but I almost never receive a box when I purchase from them. I have, but usually I don't get a box, and I don't care.
  • Does not seem to effect the price of a bag-buying or selling.

Have any of you tossed the boxes and felt no regret? Maybe I should use them as storages containers in the attic? Any other ideas to actually use the boxes instead of just sitting empty and taking up space?

Thanks!

I have kept two large boxes and store other things in them. Other boxes got recycled. It felt weird to get rid of them, but I reminded myself that they are just cardboard boxes.
I have never included boxes when I sell bags to Fashionphile because they are big and would be cumbersome to mail. One time, in my request for a quote from FP, I told them I had the box and would send it if they wanted it. They didn't say they wanted it.
If you are tired of the clutter, let them go!

Hmmm I’ve kept a few - mostly my Chanel ones (small items though) and those are easy to store as they don’t take up too much space.
I just got the MPA yesterday and I’m keeping that one and I’m thinking of stacking it up under my small lamp in my bedroom to give it some height.
The one I regret throwing out is the box of my lady Dior but I bought it in USA and I couldn’t bring it back with me :sad:

I guess it’s good for resale as some ppl like to get the whole package. My lady Dior is a forever bag for me so I guess I’m ok with no box.

I have kept my boxes. Some I repurposed by putting items in it instead of buying plastic bins. The rest I folded them up and slid them behind a dresser. As for the bags, I kept them too. Maybe this year for Christmas I will use them as wrapping paper- minus the LV logo.

Reactions: Bumbles
They add zero value if you resell, so unless you plan to use them for storage or have unlimited space, I'd let them go. They're just boxes. I have only saved a few that belonged to LE pieces, I felt a buyer would want it, but like you mentioned, many resellers don't give you the original box (although they receive it) - FP has told me (when I inquired before) that boxes/dustbags can be faked and reproduced so they, for one, don't need it and don't offer more for having it. I don't get them if I purchase in store, I decline the box.

I have kept my boxes. Some I repurposed by putting items in it instead of buying plastic bins. The rest I folded them up and slid them behind a dresser. As for the bags, I kept them too. Maybe this year for Christmas I will use them as wrapping paper- minus the LV logo.

I do this almost every year! Anthroplogie has the prettiest bags to upcycle. I always put some Christmas wrap over the store names, in a funny decorative fashion, as in, my family knows I'm using my shopping bags, but they actually turn out quirky and cute.

When I did the whole Kondo purge and reorg a while back, I used many boxes to store rolled up silk scarves, gloves, etc. I do love the sturdiness and color of the boxes. The bags are another story. I have those, too! Should get rid of those...View attachment 4798391
This is a good idea. I'm going to look around and use them as purposeful storage for some of my items. What I can't use inside the house, I'll use in the attic.

Reactions: LaDolceLaria
They add zero value if you resell, so unless you plan to use them for storage or have unlimited space, I'd let them go. They're just boxes. I have only saved a few that belonged to LE pieces, I felt a buyer would want it, but like you mentioned, many resellers don't give you the original box (although they receive it) - FP has told me (when I inquired before) that boxes/dustbags can be faked and reproduced so they, for one, don't need it and don't offer more for having it. I don't get them if I purchase in store, I decline the box.
I have the space, but it's starting to look too cluttered. And, I have 2 different friends who have had to move due to job loss and relocation. To hear them talk about how much they purged, and seeing the huge piles of trash out in my neighbor's yard as she packed, I realize, so much I have is not useful and I want a more clutter free home. I'd say empty boxes need to go unless I find a way to use them as storage. For things I'm not using....:panic:

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Hmmm I’ve kept a few - mostly my Chanel ones (small items though) and those are easy to store as they don’t take up too much space.
I just got the MPA yesterday and I’m keeping that one and I’m thinking of stacking it up under my small lamp in my bedroom to give it some height.
The one I regret throwing out is the box of my lady Dior but I bought it in USA and I couldn’t bring it back with me :sad:

I guess it’s good for resale as some ppl like to get the whole package. My lady Dior is a forever bag for me so I guess I’m ok with no box.
I was going to say-I did receive the box and all packaging for a Chanel WOC that is the Maison boutique packaging and I do think that's special so I"ll keep that one.

I still have all my boxes and this thread is encouraging me to begin THE PURGE. I really hate clutter anyway. I have all my Hermes scarf boxes along with all my LV boxes. They were handy when we moved last summer but now they're just taking up space. I'll keep a few for decoration purposes but it's time for the rest to be recycled.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Reactions: imetazoa and KimTX
I only have a handful of bags and SLGs left, so I’ve kept all the packaging and nested them within each other as much as possible. If I had a larger collection, or if more of my bags were larger (many are small or WOC size), I would have gotten rid of some boxes for sure.

We are moving and as such I was wondering what to do with all my empty designer shopping bags. It felt wrong to just throw them out but couldn’t think of what to do with them. I happened to be browsing through the app LetGo and saw that there is actually a market for designer shopping bags/boxes. I put them all together, took a picture of them and made my first sale on LetGo a day later.