Boxes from stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenna-LV

Aug 19, 2007
I bought my new LV Monogram Speedy 30 on Saturday at the Sloane Street botique in London. I noticed that the shop assistant put the bag (which was inside it's dust bag) straight into the store bag. I asked for a box and she said they didn't have one big enough and they don't tend to put the bags in boxes. I've come across posts on here before regarding boxes and was just wondering if this is correct? :confused1:

Bags are supposed to come with a dustbag and box but unfortunately, some boutiques do not always give them. Just ask for one from the SA who assists you the next time you make a purchase. If you really want the box, go back to the boutique and ask for one - tell them it's for storing the bag. Bring your receipt to make sure. Hope this helps. Welcome to TPF and congrats on your new Speedy! :yes:

Is there a reason why they don't always give them? I'm back in London in December to buy a LV coin purse and bracelet so will ask for one then, I'll just have to remember to take my receipt! Thank you for your reply :smile:

My guess would be that it's not required... and some probably don't want to take the time to box it up. However, other stores box the items w/o you having to ask. I love the boxes, it definitely makes your closet look elegant.

They SHOULD have one big enough for a speedy. The only bag that they had difficulty boxing was my Mahina XL. My saleslady knows that I want boxes with all of my purchases and boxes them automatically now.

I think it depends on the store. Some stores always give you a box. Other stores are SUPER stingey with them. One SA once told me they are OUT of the pochette size boxes. It was so obvious he was lying but I did not make a big deal out of it. Sometimes it also depends on the SA

If you are buying from the store you should definitely recieve a box. If they say they dont have one, don't buy. I'm sure they will "find" one.

Status
Not open for further replies.