Box owners....cadena or no cadena?

orchids

O.G.
May 30, 2006
Do you keep the lock hanging off the clochette/tirette? And if you do, is there any danger of it scratching up the front and creating the dreaded "smiley?"

Hi T!!!!! I keep the lock at the handle on my Kelly's so there's minimal movement thus very, very little "smiley" action.....although on my Marron Kelly from the late 50's you can see a small smiley but that's only because the bag is so dang OLD! LOL!

I hang a heart cadena from the clochette on my Rouge H Birkin and so far, no smiley.

I think if you hang the cadena at the handle hardware, you should be just fine.........

Hi D! I never thought about hanging it near the loop on the handle. The heart cadena is a great idea as it's pretty curved and flat; I noticed that the actual H-lock the bag came with has some pretty angular corners which may not be very box friendly.

Thanks lux for sharing what you do. I finally ventured out of the house with my black box yesterday and then started wondering what to do about the lock.

Well mine is attached to the handle metal loop. Whenever I take Kellys to the spa I put the locks inside the bag but they always come back on that spot so I just finally gave up and left it there.