Box leather

Foot and mouth

Millions of beasts and calves where killed and burnt last year and year before
and no animal movements allowed in Europe
Hence no skins to make bags out of

Is there not some issues about boxcalf leather around the tannery process of using chromium salts these days? That was my understanding, for some reason . . . (?) Perhaps someone who is in the know, about those boxcalf equestrian boots would comment ? (DQ?)
(BTW I learned that boxcalf is named so, after Joseph Box - a London Shoemaker of long ago.)

^^When I placed an order for my SO last week, the leather availability list for boxcalf indicated: noir, ardoise, rouge h, chocolat, toundra

And there was a constance belt at the store in boxcalf with thalassa blue on one side and gold on the other side :tender:

I had planned on ordering my bag in black boxcalf, but when I saw the deep scratches on the leather sample, I was a little wary. The SA wasn't too certain whether deep scratches like that could be refurbished. It is a stunning leather, but in the end I chose a different smooth textured leather. My SA kind of deterred me from boxcalf and also stated that they have never placed an order for boxcalf from that store, which I found strange...

Is there not some issues about boxcalf leather around the tannery process of using chromium salts these days? That was my understanding, for some reason . . . (?) Perhaps someone who is in the know, about those boxcalf equestrian boots would comment ? (DQ?)
(BTW I learned that boxcalf is named so, after Joseph Box - a London Shoemaker of long ago.)

temo - I heard the same.

First outbreak of foot and mouth was in France
no one was immune
All herds where slaughtered my friend lost there pedigree herd of jerseys 150 year of breeding behind them
to suspect f=M not confirmed

ok here is what i got today. BOX is there in limited quantity and colors BUT my manager steered me away from it and told me to wait one or two seasons for whatever reason he refused to go into too many details