Box leather used on Jumping boots?

DeCrillon

The machan
Feb 12, 2010
Hi tpfers ! Everybody is talking about how box leather is a "suicide", so, I was wondering if it's the same leather used on the jumping boots? Especially "Black Box".

According to the Hermes website description, the "Kelly" lady boots are made of Box calfskin.
It can't be that bad, if the same leather is used for shoes?

I have never seen Birkin or Kelly made out of box leather in real life, so I was just wondering. I have the boots and Constance Belt. I don't find the leather being particularly "fragile".

Thanks for your answers. :smile:

the leather used for the jumping boots may be a form of box but it doesnt have the same finish as the bags. its not a high gloss finish. so i dont know for sure but I do know that their leather descriptions are often incorrect

The Boots are made of a thick calf leather. Much thicker than Box leather tha's used to make bags...

It is defintely a different calf leather.They might call it Box too, but it is different.

:crybaby::crybaby: Really !!! I was already contemplating a box bag... need to rethink those options then. One more question, if you could compare Barenia with Box in terms of "fragility" - would it be the same or worth?
I have Barenia already, so I know what to expect. Is box more subtle when it comes to weather elements and scratches? THANKS xxooxxxo

Last edited:
I agree perlerare, like a Birkin SoBlack ;) ... or a BBlack ruthenium hardware, or ..a BBox Black Gold Hardware, or a B Brique white stitching contrast, or a Thalassa Blue :drool: ah ah ah !!!! GRRRR.. I love everything !!!!

Agree with perlerare.
The "boxcalf" of the boots is definitely thicker than the box of say a Birkin or Kelly, and those are thicker than the box of my So black Kelly pochette, which is much shinier and thinner.