Box leather less loved in Asia?

I don't think Box is great with humidity, so I don't blame them.

Box is not always available in the brighter 'pop' colours and prob isn't at its best in them. The Asian market has traditionally preferred brighter colours

Also, Box does scratch and it will scratch. From what I have observed from my Asian friends most prefer a more pristine 'as new' look to their bags

And i do agree with papertiger that Asian seem to prefer the more pristine look to their bags!
But box leather is such a classic that I thought all Hermes fans would appreciate!

I don't think Box is great with humidity, so I don't blame them.

Box is not always available in the brighter 'pop' colours and prob isn't at its best in them. The Asian market has traditionally preferred brighter colours

Also, Box does scratch and it will scratch. From what I have observed from my Asian friends most prefer a more pristine 'as new' look to their bags

+1

Box is rarely loved in Asia aside perhaps Japan. Too true about the 'pop' colours - they always carry the most recent colours. But the beauty of the box's patina (after a period wins! for ME).

I am Asian and I am a box fan - aside from the patina - it gives a more, if I can say, 'old money' feel - don't flame me!

i sooooo hoping to get a box birkin !!!!! and its just so hard to come by and i have really done all thats possible i cant locate one perfect black 35cm box birkin phw

+1

Box is rarely loved in Asia aside perhaps Japan. Too true about the 'pop' colours - they always carry the most recent colours. But the beauty of the box's patina (after a period wins! for ME).

I am Asian and I am a box fan - aside from the patina - it gives a more, if I can say, 'old money' feel - don't flame me!

+1 to the "old money" feel

The box leather is definitely growing on me. My mom passed me her box leather kelly, originally I wanted to have it consigned (for it being too big on me and that it is a sellier which i regard as too mature). BUT after a while and sharing on tpf, I start to look forward to using it

In my community the ladies do prefer Epsom and Togo leather. swift, and clemence that tend to slouch with use isn't that popular either. Nor is box because of the patina that some actuali look for. From what I know most Asian ladies do prefer the always "looking new" kind of feel to their bags. Reminds me of this cute lady I saw down at coffee bean and tea leaf, covering the chair next to her with bucket loads of tissue before placing her dear kelly and afterwards covering the top of the bag!