Box leather for a clutch...?

1. Hi, everyone!

What do you guys think about box leather, especially for a clutch or even for a bag (like Kelly/ Birkin/ Bolide)?

I am thinking about box clutch...Maybe in Jige or mini Kelly pouchette...etc. But Box leather is easily get scratched and it's not good in rain. So, should I avoid this leather, and consider others? But box leather looks so chic and stylish!:heart: Maybe I should consider more for if it's practical or not than the look?

Please give me any inputs/thoughts on box leather:idea: ! Thanks!!!

2. BOX leather is GORGEOUS for a clutch, Aspen. Gorgeous!!!! I'm a big fan of Box as you know......

Elan&Lou.jpg
  3. I have been drooling on shopmom's Kelly elan in chamonix (sp?):P :drool: . But it's discontnued/ hard to find leather...right? So, most similar leather might be a box leather....I am having a bad clutch craving now...Hmmmm....:hysteric:

4. Oh, my GOD shopmom! We were writing at the same time! Isn't it chamonix or something? Is it box leather?:nuts: Is it difficult to take care of it?

5. Hi, I have a box calf 30cm birkin and I love it. It's about 2 years old and it still looks new. The great thing about box calf is that it's suppose to look better with age and I have heard that when you have it polished it looks brand new. I still haven't had the need to have it polished yet. My friend has a 35cm box calf birkin that is 10 years old and it has a beautiful patina to it now. I am excited to have my birkin get the patina. I live in LA so I haven't had to deal with rain yet but I have spilled coffee on it and it didn't even leave a stain. I hope that helped. One bad thing is that it looks too dressy to use everyday. I only use it when I go out to eat at a nice resturant. I like my clemence leather for everyday use.:yes:
    Here is a picture of the two bags side by side.
    [​IMG]

6. Thank you for photos, guys! They are so beautiful!

7. It's Chamonix Aspen and she hasn't been a problem at all. You just have to be a little cautious with Chamoni and Box but if you're used to exotics, then this leather will be a breeze. :yes:

8. It's amazing how ostrich and croc. are scratch resistance! They are like iron!:P :wlae: !

9. everytime i see shopmom's kelly clutch..i get a heart attack.
    and i keep going back to look at it..:drool::drool::drool::heart::heart:
    Love Love LOVE:heart:

10. ...omg...
    do i want a hermes?
    a hermes box clutch?
    WHY DID I GO HERE!
    bad aarti bad!

11. Come on, Aarti.....come to the daaarrrkkk side.....:graucho:

12. That clutch is TDF! Fabulous, I want one......

13. WHAT A BEAUTY! Love it Shopmom! :drool: :love: :drool:

14. What about matte croc?Yummy!!

15. Aspen, not sure how often you'd use a Boxcalf clutch in the rain but it is such an understated and elegant leather for such a bag. I've posted this before and I'll post it again--my Kelly Elan in black Box w/ silver palladium HW (sorry for "hot spots" on hardware).
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice