Box Leather - A little something new! :)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
    A little something in Box leather . . .

Well, when I say “little” in this case I do mean "little" in its literal sense!

Here’s the story....

I recently got a BlackBerry Storm and it has become my new best friend! LOL I love that I can get all my emails instantly. Soooo, now at work I have become one of “those” people who take their cell phones with them everywhere around the office. I never did that before, but now I can’t stand to be away from my BlackBerry!

Soooo, I tried putting it in my jacket pocket but the BlackBerry has some heft to it and also is larger than my old Razr; so, I found it uncomfortable in my pocket and I was afraid it might fall out. There really wasn’t a way I could easily carry it with me comfortably and safely.

Soooo, I needed a solution!! I then recalled a little H cross-body bag shown here on tPF called the Onimaitou and contacted my SA about it. She sent me a list of the colors and leathers that were available in the U.S., as her store does not stock the bag at all.

I realized that I would need two of these little bags ... one for those outfits that are based on brown and another for my purple outfits; and to coordinate with my Raisin Birkin and with my Chocolate Birkin.

Soooo, I found two perfect choices on the list ..... Raisin Box and Havanne Box.

I got them a couple weeks ago and haven’t had a chance to take pics, etc. until today. I have really enjoyed having them! I did Doc’s treatment on them right away, so they would be safe from drops of coffee or other accidents, especially since I would be actually wearing them.

A couple thoughts.... For those who may be contemplating a Birkin or Kelly in Box leather, this is a great way to give it a try. You can do Doc’s treatment with less fear and also see how Box wears for you, etc. and not have a huge investment.... $650 instead of thousands.

It’s also a handy bag for running errands... There is easily room to add keys and some cash/cards.

Details of the bag: ONIMAITOU MINI BAG - #310043M - $650.
    Drop of handle: Approx. 22” (It varies a teeny bit between the two bags)
    Size of Bag: A little over 6-1/4” wide and a little under 7-1/2” long.
    Gusset: Approximately 1”
    Lining: Unlined

Now for the pics . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It works great across the body (jacket is on a hanger in photo):
    [​IMG]

With her big sister, RBB (35):
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Wow, nice. I haven't seen this bag before.

Congrats!

3. how cute!

4. Alot of the SA's at my store use these for pens, business cards etc. They look very cute on

5. That's perfect! You can carry your Blackberry and a little extra, it looks like. For me the extra would be lip balm, I'm an addict! Great solution for the problem that women's clothes never have pockets.

6. I saw these before at the boutique and they do look very practical!

7. It looks great! How smart and elegant. Too bad it's not lined.

THanks for introducing this to me, I will check it out in the store. =)

8. Love the raisin! I have an orange one but haven't really figured out how to use it! Hmmm... maybe it's time I pulled it out of the cupboard!

9. OMG, that is freaking PERFECT!!!!! LOVE it!!!!!!!

10. Fantastic! I'm going have to get one (or two...)!

11. You have such a knack for picking chic accoutrements! Those are great :smile:

12. Those are sooo cute!!!!

13. Oh, these are awesome, Kallie Girl! They look like such a nice way to experiment with H leather w/o vacuuming the bank account. And I've been looking for a way to store my BB storm, too!

14. Nice bag Kallie Girl, make me want to get one too! Thanks for sharing with us.

15. This looks so useful! Do you recall if it comes in black?