Box Calf Birkin or Kelly?

Trendz

Jul 30, 2014
California
Hi all! I can't decide if I should get a Black Box Birkin 35 with GHW or Kelly 32 with GHW! It's so hard to decide! What do you think?

Trendz

Jul 30, 2014
California
I like box leather on Kelly's 😄

Thanks! I was leaning toward Kellys as well since they're so structured and classic. I wish I could see a box leather birkin before making my choice but the SA's at the SF store say they haven't seen a box leather birkin come around in years :sad:

Macaroon13

Feb 11, 2013
Hong Kong
Me too - 100%. I have a BBK 35 and on the lookout for more box calf kellys. I find them very elegant, and box calf goes very well with the structured look of the kelly. Keep in mind box calf scratches easily and I tend to throw my birkins around and use them casually, and prefer more hardy leathers for them.

sfshopgirl

O.G.
May 13, 2008
Hi all! I can't decide if I should get a Black Box Birkin 35 with GHW or Kelly 32 with GHW! It's so hard to decide! What do you think?

Here's a pic of my BBB35 as a reference for you. Hope this helps you with making your decision. I personally love both :smile:. The Kelly next to it is a 28.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1408026138.123274.jpg

Giules

Mar 6, 2014
Hi Trendz,

I love then both! I was fortunate enough to get a box Kelly last year, and I absolutely love it! I already have the so black so I know the extra care you need to take. The only thing w the Kelly is that Everytime you open you have the chance to scratch it which will still look beautiful and uniquely yours. You won't go wrong either way. Here is the pic of my Kelly 32

image.jpg

Jan 15, 2011
They are both amazing bags. I would only choose the BBB if you are tolerant of scratches. A box Birkin is almost like having a saddle leather Birkin, like barenia - you have to use and patina it. It's a different kind of beauty, a more casual use of box.
Other than that, a B and a K are very different bags.
sfshopgirl, that BBB is a beauty, I spy a rouge interior?! That's a dream!!

Mar 19, 2007
LaLa Land
Both sound divine. But I think BBB35 is more rare. At least I don't see it as much. BBkellys I see all the time. Just a thought.

It really depends on your lifestyle and what you have in your collection already. Good luck! :P