Bouton d'or Day Bag Question - "Black Specks"

balthus

O.G.
Mar 4, 2007
One of my Saks "buy 2 bags/triple points bags" was a Bouton d'Or Day Bag ordered via locator and it arrived today from San Antonio Saks.

I was so excited when I opened the box but my heart sank when I noticed little black specks (almost looked like fine black pen ink marks) in various places in the leather and a few spots of what looked almost like tiny dabs of green.

While the leather was great & not dried out as many have posted, I was very disappointed and just felt like it was an "irregular".

I took it over to my local Saks at lunch and they don't know much about Bbags since they don't carry but they called San Antonio store & got someone from Designer Handbags who said they had another one but it appeared this one had black specks in it too and he told local SA that this is how the neon yellow bags came.

Now I saw a Bouton City at Barney's and looked at it but don't recall black specks in the leather but I wasn't seriously considering the yellow at the time & I wanted to save the $200 to get a Day vs City as it will have more limited usage.

So they saw that the Greenwich CT Saks had them & they called there and interrogated the SA who swore there there were no black specks in the leather. Then I got on the phone with her to do same.

They are going to get the bag from there and exchange.

I am just curious if anyone else has seen this in the Bouton's or not and if the San Antonio person SA knew what they were talking about.

It is really a great spring/summer bag in this color & style.

I was wearing a ivory slacks, black sweater & my zebra French Sole flats and it really popped.

I tried snapping some pics of the spots/specks with my iPhone but I couldn't get the detail.

I know there's a post @ buying in person or online and I will say I much rather buy in person but I am limited to Barney's here which doesn't have a gigantic selection.

Thanks.

Just looked at mine, mine has a few, i think people call it freckles in the leather, i had a tomato 07 that had a few too & i have an 05 Magenta brand new that has some as well, if you hate it then send it back but its hit or miss.

I had choice of 4 Bouton D'Or Day bags at Saks in Boca Raton last night and 2 of them had noticeable specks on the leather, one had a mark and I bought the other one. I think of them as freckles and with the lighter colours, they show through. My Jaune has them too. The goats/ lambs are individuals and so the bags vary! I hope you get what you are looking for and post when you do!

I wish you well,

Bridget

Is this true with most colors or just some variations?

This is just my 3rd Bbag - first was black so obviously no problem there and 2nd was Coral First & don't see them in that one.

Thanks.

I'd love to see pics. I bought a white day from bluefly and had to send it back due to 'black flecks'...one major area and others sparsely spread.

Mine, personally, I could tell was the "raw" leather showing through underneath. that's the best way I can explain. Like it had either VERY thin leather and/or it had been scratched.

I think I just erased my pics from my computer, but I'll look and see if I have them anywhere and you can compare. maybe we're talkinga about totally different things though...???

I was able to retrieve them from the trash. Mine, could not be lived with as it is a definite defect. however, maybe due to the white color, it's more an obvious mistake than the yellow.

or...again
attachment.php
...maybe they

are totally different. :smile:

attachment.php

Attachments

• white day 002.jpg
    white day 002.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 387
  • white day 003.jpg
    white day 003.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 440
  • white day 004.jpg
    white day 004.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 80
  • white day 005.jpg
    white day 005.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 72
The ones on my bag were not nearly as concentrated in one area & overall were far fewer than in your photos.

However there was some other discoloration on the bag in places or "what look liked someone dripped a soda on it" (term used by local Saks SA who is not familiar with Bbags).

Will see what happens when Bouton day #2 shows up.

But happy Bbag delivery in next thread !!!

My vert thyme day has *freckles* too. At first I thought it was pen marks (as did most of you here) but I checked with AR and I am sure now that it's just how the leather is. AR said lots of the lighter coloured bags have them. It doesn't bother me. See pic below of the biggest freckle on my bag.

Mshel, the dots on your day are def a default, not leather freckles. Ugh, that looks awful. I'm sorry this bag didn't work out for you. Did you decide to keep your brief then?

vtdaypenmark1web.jpg

vtdaypenmark2web.jpg

I just looked at my Bouton d'Or and it has no specks. My natural Twiggy has them though, but they're not dark like some of those ics- more like very light tiny freckles.

WOW mshel that's ridiculous. It looks like the dye didn't penetrate deeply into the leather and like it's sitting in a thin layer on top. NOT ACCEPTABLE:tdown:

^^ITA!!! I have never seen them that bad before!! I have seen one or two individual dots on a bag (my Pale Magenta Twiggy has a couple of tiny, individual dots), but that really is ridiculous!!