Boutique vs Factory

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am looking at a factory bag, Legacy with the double turnlock pockets on the front in Whiskey, not sure of the style number. It's from the outlet so it does not have the Legacy lining, it's a factory bag. Can someone tell me if this is the only difference or is the leather harder not as squishy? Thanks!:confused1:

2. Having only looked at the Outlet Legacy line, I can only tell you that the leather is not as thick nor does it appear that it will develop the patina when compared to the Legacy line from 06, which I have several of. I've read on here in various threads that the leather does soften up and become more "smooshy." The hardware on the Outlet bags are different as well. I hope this helps you and maybe somebody who has both versions can elaborate, clarify or correct what I've said.

3. The old legacy bags these are based on used thick vintage leather that is quite heavy and patinas with age. The made for factory legacy uses thinner burnished leather and I find the bags are just not as substantial. The upside is that the burnished leather is water resistant and less likely to scratch, which are both issues with the vintage leather.

4. I looked at the outlet legacy bags when I was there the other day and didn't like them. I would rather wait and find one on the *bay or bonanzle and get the original. Even though they are both Coach, the originals were much better made.

5. Yes, the leather is neither as thick nor as heavy as the original 2006 Legacy bags (the lower weight can be a positive for many people). The factory bags do not scratch as easily, and they will not develop a patina like the originals because the leather is more finished. The lining is different as well, and if I am not mistaken (I might be on this, though), I think the drop on the factory bag is just a smidge longer.

6. Thanks! I really want a 2006 bag with the leather that ages. The factory bag just did not look like the same leather to me. Wish me luck in finding one!

7. Good luck finding one! I own several Legacy 65th Anniversary bags and I can truly say that they are so worth it!

8. There is no comparison. The original legacy bags are absolutely divine. I own three of them and would not trade them for anything.

9. Plus some of the factory Legacy bags have the sig lining which always reminds me of fakes :tdown:

10. Here's my Legacy Satchel...2007...it's very similar to what you are seeing at the outlets, but the hardware is a bit different and there is more of it. Plus it has the Legacy lining. I prefer the old ones.Just me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry the pics are so big!! There is the latch in the middle which isn't on the new factory satchels. I think they are pretty, tho.

11. Gorgeous! That is just a beautiful bag! Now, I'm on a hunt! I have to have one with the legacy lining, that's a huge part of the appeal to me.

12. I have the one you're talking about from the factory, in black. It's a great bag. The leather does loosen up (I've only had mine a month, it doesn't take long) and you don't have to baby it at all - as one who's been collecting for a very long time, this bag reminds me of the "made in the USA" Coach bags that I used to buy brand new. Thick leather, not afraid of a rainstorm, and very well made. My ratio of "classic" Coach to items produced in the last 5 years is about 4:1, and I know that this bag is a lifetime keeper. Good luck in whatever type you decide to get, I'm sure you'll be very happy with it!

13. Thanks ktheart...and congrats on the new baby soon to be here!

14. I have a black legacy from the outlet and while it is not as nice as my whiskey leagacy it is still very cute...it is very durable and I have taken it out on rainy days with no problems....it does not have legacy lining like my whiskey but it has a pretty pink sig lining.My whiskey is my fav bag and I just happen to find it as a return to macys about 2 years ago after they where already hard to find,but the best part is I only paid 220.00 for it!I got my black leg for 120.00 at the orlando outlet while at wdw.

15. Thanks, Hun! :hugs: