Boutique prices at the outlets?

lilac28

O.G.
Aug 21, 2008
I called recently asking about the Parker hippie and Julianne and was told they had one of each in stock but quoted me the price which is the same as FP! Is it possible they haven't marked it down yet or is this some new practice with the more popular bags? I thought the point of the merchandise going to the outlet was so it'd get further discounted :shrugs: Anyone else experienced this?

I got my hippie at the outlet for 135 and the Julianne its 278.. you might want to get your outlet to do a price match with other outlet.. if not maybe the SA you talked to dont know what she is talkin about

Thx Yenahnh00...it sounded suspicious to me that they were quoting me the boutique prices but gave them the benefit of the doubt that maybe the item wasn't on shelf yet and therefore not marked down. BTW, re. your thread, great scores!

Thank you so much.. I hope you would be able to get the bag that you wanted.. If you get a chance on Hippie, get it as fast as you can.. Those are going faster than the Julianne

Another thing I don't get!!! One would think that IF they were discounted (like we all know they are) they'd want to tell people that over the phone to get them to the store!!!

I never did undretand why they didn't do more coupon PA's when they KNOW that 9 times out of 10 you'd spend that $$$ in the store from the PA and then some!! I always do!!!

I think the SA was confused. The newer deletes sometimes are in the system still at full price and the cashier has to override the price. That happened to me when I purchased a Parker shoulder bag that was at the outlet but still at the boutique. I suggest you go to the store yourself.

Good luck!

Another thing I don't get!!! One would think that IF they were discounted (like we all know they are) they'd want to tell people that over the phone to get them to the store!!!

I never did undretand why they didn't do more coupon PA's when they KNOW that 9 times out of 10 you'd spend that $$$ in the store from the PA and then some!! I always do!!!

Likely because they don't want to bother with the PA b/c it's less $ in their pockets in the event you don't buy anything and also because their attitude is that we are already getting a good deal so what more do we expect?

I think the SA was confused. The newer deletes sometimes are in the system still at full price and the cashier has to override the price. That happened to me when I purchased a Parker shoulder bag that was at the outlet but still at the boutique. I suggest you go to the store yourself.

Good luck!

Thx but I did go to the store today and they were telling the truth! The full priced items were kept in the back and if I didn't buy it, they needed to return it to the stockroom. The explanation I got was that they had to wait for instructions to mark down the item.

^^^ did you try asking the manager for the further markdown? if it was the hippie they really dont need instruction since they can just scan the item and look at what other outlet are selling it for.. Every outlet in district are suppose to have the same price fore every bag

Thx but I did go to the store today and they were telling the truth! The full priced items were kept in the back and if I didn't buy it, they needed to return it to the stockroom. The explanation I got was that they had to wait for instructions to mark down the item.

What color were the Julianne & Hippie?

Were they deleted colors--or current colors?