boutique order thru the phone

Aug 18, 2020
Hi guys,

So I have a question, I'm planning on purchasing another Cartier piece and this time I wanted to go to the store to make this purchase since both of my other pieces were purchased thru the e-boutique. We do not have a Cartier in my state so I was planning on making a trip to the nearest state that has a Cartier but I don't think that will be happening soon. I want to purchase in the boutique this time because I wanna get the in-store experience that I have not been able to get yet. I wanna try on a couple pieces that are on my wishlist and I'm interested in getting that cute champagne bottle snd chocolates they give out sometimes lol. I was thinking of making this purchase thru a boutique this time by calling them. Would they include the little gifts or are they not allowed to ship those out with my item?

I have purchased in person recently and they are not bringing out anything other than bottles of water that we are not even supposed to drink in the store so I would not expect you to receive champagne and chocolates in the mail.

Reactions: lovieluvslux
@Rockysmom I just bought a ring in-store today and was told I had 30 days to return or exchange it. I'm definitely keeping the item so it's not an issue but I interpreted the statement that it could be returned to mean that I could receive a refund. If that is not accurate the SAs might want to be a little more explicit about returns for store credit only as that was definitely not mentioned during my transaction today.

I’ve never returned any items that I have purchased in-store, by phone or online by Cartier, but I was never told or given the impression that items purchased in-store would receive in-store credit only.

I was always under the impression that as long as the item appears unused and new, it’s returnable within 30 days.

@Rockysmom I just bought a ring in-store today and was told I had 30 days to return or exchange it. I'm definitely keeping the item so it's not an issue but I interpreted the statement that it could be returned to mean that I could receive a refund. If that is not accurate the SAs might want to be a little more explicit about returns for store credit only as that was definitely not mentioned during my transaction today.
As far as all of my purchases have been in store they were for credit only, no refunds.
This is specifically why I prefer online shopping. Great to try on in store for size, etc but I like the ability to get a full refund if I change my mind especially on such a large purchase.

Last edited: