Boutique LOST an item!

Mr. Carre

Apr 15, 2009
The Cincinnati LOUIS VUITTON boutique, inside Saks Fifth Avenue, completely lost my mom's shoulder strap.
A thread had come loose on one of the keepers. She took it in, she was assured it was no big deal, they could fix it in-store. Several days went by. Mom eventually received a phone message from the store manager, the strap was gone and they didn't know where/how/when it happened.
Ofcourse, they sent a new strap (ground shipping, not expedited), but what really struck me, was the absence of a written note expressing regret of such an incident.
Has anyone else ever had a boutique lose an item?

The Cincinnati LOUIS VUITTON boutique, inside Saks Fifth Avenue, completely lost my mom's shoulder strap.
A thread had come loose on one of the keepers. She took it in, she was assured it was no big deal, they could fix it in-store. Several days went by. Mom eventually received a phone message from the store manager, the strap was gone and they didn't know where/how/when it happened.
Ofcourse, they sent a new strap (ground shipping, not expedited), but what really struck me, was the absence of a written note expressing regret of such an incident.

That's terrible! I would be pretty angry- especially if there was no note of apology. I wonder if someone sent it out for repair without completing the paperwork....

That is terrible CS. Accidents happen, and they were right to send a new strap... but they should of overnighted it (to say the least!). Some people might think its over the top, but you expect a higher level of service from a Luxury brand and rightfully so!

Thankfully I haven't had anything lost... but I don't think I would be too happy about it!

Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't find this a complaint-worthy offense, I'm sorry, they called without having to be hounded or without you being transferred or told 'someone else will call you back' etc.. :P and you were disappointed there wasn't a 'written note' ? It was just a strap, not like they lost her $3000 bag.. and they took care of it, mom got a brand new one too!.. I'd probably consider that a 'win' lol. :smile: (It maybe got picked up by another employee or misplaced, sent out by mistake etc.. they are human after all.) I have not had anything lost that was in for repair but I've only had to do that once or twice.

I guess I see a lot of people online get a bit huffy that they weren't bowed down to over being an LV customer, or didn't get the royal treatment on their purchase or whatever the complaint may be.. and I'm not saying you or your Mom feel that way but while it is a luxury brand, it doesn't make me super special or anything lol. At least I don't feel that way. I appreciate that they do for the most part take care of problems with their items. If your Mom really wanted it expedited overnight she should have asked for that on the phone, I'm sure they would have obliged.

I'm glad she got it taken care of! :smile:

Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't find this a complaint-worthy offense, I'm sorry, they called without having to be hounded or without you being transferred or told 'someone else will call you back' etc.. :P and you were disappointed there wasn't a 'written note' ? It was just a strap, not like they lost her $3000 bag.. and they took care of it, mom got a brand new one too!.. I'd probably consider that a 'win' lol. :smile: (It maybe got picked up by another employee or misplaced, sent out by mistake etc.. they are human after all.) I have not had anything lost that was in for repair but I've only had to do that once or twice.

I guess I see a lot of people online get a bit huffy that they weren't bowed down to over being an LV customer, or didn't get the royal treatment on their purchase or whatever the complaint may be.. and I'm not saying you or your Mom feel that way but while it is a luxury brand, it doesn't make me super special or anything lol. At least I don't feel that way. I appreciate that they do for the most part take care of problems with their items. If your Mom really wanted it expedited overnight she should have asked for that on the phone, I'm sure they would have obliged.

Was just going to reply the same. I would have been happy to get a brand new strap.

That's terrible! I would be pretty angry- especially if there was no note of apology. I wonder if someone sent it out for repair without completing the paperwork....

I don't know.
I was with her when she dropped it off. They said they would need to order the thread to restitch the keeper and that would take a few days extra. We dealt with the manager, not a SA. When the shipping box arrived I opened it myself. Just the coiled vachetta shoulder strap in a box. No note, but there was a zeroed-out receipt.
I understand it is not an "expensive" or "important" piece, but still.

No one is in hysterics or livid over the event. As much as anything, it was just very surprising that a customer's item could simply disappear without a trace. If a strap can go missing, what else? A watch? An alligator wallet? A suitcase?
We'll still shop with LV. It was just an "odd" thing to happen.

I myself don't need written notes, esp. if the store manager calls personally.
But what would bug me is that the old strap probably had already some patina like the rest of the bag, but now having a new one that probably does not match the colour of patina.... Hmmmm.... This would make me worries, not the missing written apology...
Anyway, I am sorry for have any inconvenient situation.

I don't know.
I was with her when she dropped it off. They said they would need to order the thread to restitch the keeper and that would take a few days extra. We dealt with the manager, not a SA. When the shipping box arrived I opened it myself. Just the coiled vachetta shoulder strap in a box. No note, but there was a zeroed-out receipt.
I understand it is not an "expensive" or "important" piece, but still.

ITA! In fact there was a bag sold on ebay recently that had been repaired by LV and lo and behold, they lost her original strap. The SA had written a note apologizing and included a new strap with the repaired bag. The note was included in the auction. It's just nice to have that added touch!

I personally would rather have Sarah (saks LV store mgr) call me and explain the situation. I appreciate a more personal response to a bad situation versus an 'I'm sorry note'. Glad you got everything handled.

I personally would rather have Sarah (saks LV store mgr) call me and explain the situation. I appreciate a more personal response to a bad situation versus an 'I'm sorry note'. Glad you got everything handled.
Yeah, everything is fine. No hard-feelings at all. I was curious if others had experienced similar situations.
We spent a good amount of time with Sarah purchasing a Keepall and having the tag monogrammed, and examining a hard case suitcase I took in for possible repairs. I was very appreciative and sent her a note thanking her for her time and trouble. She was very nice.
I hope Vuitton gets to expand when Saks moves to it's larger locale in Kenwood.

Yeah, everything is fine. No hard-feelings at all. I was curious if others had experienced similar situations.
We spent a good amount of time with Sarah purchasing a Keepall and having the tag monogrammed, and examining a hard case suitcase I took in for possible repairs. I was very appreciative and sent her a note thanking her for her time and trouble. She was very nice.
I hope Vuitton gets to expand when Saks moves to it's larger locale in Kenwood.

Glad everything worked out and that you are looking forward to future purchases.::Hehe
Yessssss! I can't wait for them to relocate to Kenwood. It's so close to work and home that it's going to be hard to stay out of trouble!😏😁