Bought what I think is a FAKE MAC Hello Kitty Makeup Bag on the bay...

Jun 24, 2006
So, I have been searching high and low for a MAC Hello Kitty makeup bag from their Hello Kitty collection. I finally found one reasonably priced on the bay.

Well, I got my item yesterday... and I am nearly 100% positive that it is fake. :tdown:

Should I just cut my losses and deal with it? Or should I go through the headache of sending the item back and getting my money back.

Out of principal Id file a dispute but its up to you in the end. I dont think sellers should just get away with selling fakes as authentic regardless if its a $5 pen or $2000 bag.

If it's an authentic one, it should have a tag says © Sanrio, Co Ltd. as a licensed merchandise.
I agree. No sellers should be allowed to sell counterfeit goods regardless its price.

Nope... no tag. It just looks so off to me! There's something definitely not right about it.

So, should I immediately open up a dispute with paypal? Or, do I email the seller first and try to arrange a return?

I would contact the seller via ebay message asking return with full refund and also call eBay to see what they recommend.
As a someone who worked for Sanrio (longtime ago), I really hate those fakes.

Good luck!

Yes, do contact the seller before you open a claim with ebay/paypal. Hopefully, the seller will have you send it back for a full refund. If not, file a claim. Good luck and I agree with the others, people shouldn't be selling counterfeit items regardless of how small the price tag is.

i think you should post a picture of it on the beauty bar. i bought a few HK Mac items myself. i'm sure there are girls out there with more items from the collection too who could compare it to theirs and tell you if it matches theirs or not.

There is soooo much fake MAC hello kitty and regular MAC makeup on ebay its sick. Took me 3 tries until I got the real thing. Most the photos are of the real thing and than they ship the fake!

So, I have been searching high and low for a MAC Hello Kitty makeup bag from their Hello Kitty collection. I finally found one reasonably priced on the bay.

Well, I got my item yesterday... and I am nearly 100% positive that it is fake. :tdown:

Should I just cut my losses and deal with it? Or should I go through the headache of sending the item back and getting my money back.

I could authenticate it for you. Would you divulge the Item number on ebay?

eBay is absolutely swimming with Mac knockoffs. I hate to say it, but I would not look to purchase in this venue if I were you.

If you're at least 80% sure it is counterfeit, file a claim either through Paypal or eBay (not both, you can only do one at a time) and get a refund.

I do a lot of reporting of fake MAC on Bonanzle in the Bonanzle fakes thread. I have to say the Hello Kitty line has the most fakes. However, most of the fakes are products that were never even made. I don't think I've seen a fake makeup bag. Could you post a pic or a link to the listing?