Bought Thames GM - Love her but.....

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So I finally bought the Thames GM in DE, but I'm second guessing my decision because now I'm left with more DE than mono bags. I also have the EVA in DE and while they serve totally different purposes, wondering if they just look too similar with the large gold plate.

If you are a Thames Mono owner - do you like the patina on the bag or should I just stick with my carefree Thames DE?

BTW - I love the bag - great shoulder carry bag - should have taken the plunge sooner :smile:

2. If you love the bag....then keep it!!!! I think it's got a different look than the eva!!!!! I have a bloomsbury gm and eva in DE!!!! And would buy the thames as well!!! Different purposes and different looks!!!! ;)

3. Totally diff bags!

I own a Galliera Azur PM and would love a Thames GM but hence similarities i stray lol its a beautiful bag but if you find you have more DE then mono perhaps you love being carefree and not worrying about bags aging. I Love DE :heart:

4. I do love it, but I love the Mono too!! I had sold my Galliera, so maybe I'm leaning towards the Mono as a replacement piece. But I do love the "forever young" look of DE (no aging patina - lol)!

5. Yep, I do wonder how the patina will look on an aging Thames Mono :smile: I've seen a few pics that have some light patina that look fine - but DE is great for being so carefree!

6. OK, think I just answered my own question. Looked up some Thames on ebay and don't think I'm crazy about the very dark patina on this bag (just my personal preference) - so I guess I'll stick with my DE :smile:

7. I have the Thames GM in DE and LVOE it. It really fits more than it looks like it would and makes a great everyday bag. I was going to buy the mono Thames GM but was not feeling it as much in the mono. I love the brass plate and I think its fine to have both. I like the eva but it is way too small for me. I love the plate on the Galleria and Berkeley as well.

8. Any shots of the thames? Eheh maybe i can justify having a galliera pm and a thames :smile: LOL

9. I don't have a phone camera or I'd take a pic - need to get an iPhone :smile:

Get the Thames in the DE! It will look totally different from the Galliera.

10. Thanks - I'm keeping the DE :smile: Yes, it holds surprisingly alot! I'm very pleased. I like the brass plates too - dresses up the bag.

11. Yeah! I am glad to hear you are keeping it....:biggrin:

12. I really love DE :smile: and sad portobello has no red interior. Do you have both?

13. i think its different enough to own both :smile:
    i have a galliera pm and eva de is certainly on my wishlist too!

enjoy your new thames

14. It doesn't have red interior? One of the main reasons I love DE!
    What color is it inside? :nogood:

15. Portobello has chocolate brown microfiber