Bought something for my mom and now REALLY regret it...

Apr 16, 2007
I went to the LV boutique today hoping to find something for my mom for Christmas. Even though I'm a college student and don't make a ton of money working part-time, I love to spoil my mom since she NEVER buys herself anything nice. I feel like she really deserves it - she works for a major shipping company and is SO busy this this time of the year (today she woke up at 5 and didn't come home until 10, I'm not even exaggerating).

She's kind of hard to buy for because she feels uncomfortable carrying a bag, so last year I got her a monogram wallet she could keep in her pocket and she really loved it. This year I didn't know what to get her, but on an impulse I saw the vernis four-key holder in amarante and thought it would be lovely for her. I wasn't really thinking about how practical it would be - when I brought it home I realized her set of keys is huge and looked ridiculous next to the key-holder. Now I'm at a loss for what to do.

I know that I have to return it, but I really don't know what else to get. I thought you ladies might be some help. I want to stay around or below that price range ($250), and I want it to be something she can actually use. *sigh* Any advice?

floridalv

O.G.
Aug 15, 2006
Would a mono or damier 6 key holder work? I have one and it fits all of my keys. Would she use an agenda? Good Luck, I know how hard it is trying to buy a gift for a Mom, mine is super tough, so she got a gift certificate and we can go shopping together.

Orodruin

Vacuous? Au Courant?
Sep 20, 2006
Yeah for keys a cles in any of the canvas/mini lins would be great! not the vernis ones though...too tight to fit keys in. Can double up as a coin purse too if she doesn't wana use for keys.

Apr 16, 2007
what about a gift certificate to LV. i don't think your mom expects you to buy her extravagant things all the time. this way, she can chip in and get something she likes :smile:

I know she doesn't expect me to buy extravagant things for her, but she basically covers all my expenses plus pays for my schooling, so I really like to give back in the small way that I can. I normally work overtime before I leave school so that I can save up a little bit for the holidays, I just can't really spend a crazy amount of money. The gift certificate could work.

I think I may go back and look into the cles as others have suggested, this time with my sister with me to help me out. I love all the suggestions though, they're really helping!

gillianna

O.G.
Dec 27, 2005
I love my vernis cles. I use it to put some money in and my license and credit card when I don't feel like carrying a purse or wallet. So this might be something she would like.
That is so sweet of you to think of something special for your mom.

princess_eab

LV & BBag obsessed
O.G.
Aug 27, 2007
Return and get a vernis cles!! My keys are much too big to fit in a key holder, but the cles is great as a key chain that holds my ID and subway card-- plus if you get your mom a bag later it can be an accessory!!