Bought myself sunnies today, but I have questions.

Lemon

Oct 10, 2007
This is my first Chanel sunglasses. Sorry for bad pics. Anyway, do you normally get the display one or ask for a brand new one? I bought mine from NM. SA gave me the one from the display case and cleaned it for me. Even though it wasn't that clean, I still had to clean out dust from the frame when I got home. Also, when I tried to remove the sticker tag, it left me with a sticky residue. What do you use to clean that off?? :confused1:

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 72
  • new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 71
  • glue.jpg
    glue.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 55
Ohhh, I really, really like those sunnies!!! :smile: If it's not too much trouble, would you mind posting the style number? Also, do you recall if they came with darker lenses and/or in a different color (like brown)? :smile: I've used a glass cleaner like Swanky suggested... should do the trick! I usually ask for a fresh pair, but for a pair of Tom Ford sunnies I bought recently, all they had was the display pair. The SA cleaned it for me twice, and I inspected it very thoroughly before making the purchase. As long as you're happy with them overall, don't worry. :smile:

Great sunnies!! I usually ask for a new pair, since the display may not be in perfect condition. I recently got a pair in august and since it was the last one the SA had it shipped to me for free from another chanel store.

The style number is 5124. I didn't see darker lenses, but there was a white frame one. I'm actually not too happy with the condition of the glasses when I looked at it closely at home under a nice bright light. There's dust around the frame that is just difficult to clean out, makes it look like it has been used several times. I think I'll go back to NM tomorrow and exchange for a new one. :s I hope SA will let me exchange for that reason???

Last edited:
Ohhh, I really, really like those sunnies!!! :smile: If it's not too much trouble, would you mind posting the style number? Also, do you recall if they came with darker lenses and/or in a different color (like brown)? :smile: I've used a glass cleaner like Swanky suggested... should do the trick! I usually ask for a fresh pair, but for a pair of Tom Ford sunnies I bought recently, all they had was the display pair. The SA cleaned it for me twice, and I inspected it very thoroughly before making the purchase. As long as you're happy with them overall, don't worry. :smile:

The lenses are actually pretty dark. I think it's because of the light in my photos, that's why they look quite light.

^Ohh, okay! I'll have to check them out next time I'm in NM! I'm sure you can exchange them... you should be happy with them, and you certainly have every right to exchange them for a perfect pair. If the store doesn't have a fresh pair, the SA should be willing to find a store that does, and have them shipped to you. :smile:

they won't have nay problem letting you select a new pair. Ask them to take out a couple of new ones and try them on, they'll fit differently I guarantee it.

oooohhh i love those! i have the same case and similar sunnies except with the leather sides. so pretty!

i always ask for a new pair and they usually give one unless it is the last one. you could always ask them to transfer from another store but if you really want them it's up to you if you want to take the display ones.