Bought my first speedy - need help :(

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. hey guys, I bought my first lv bag speedy 30. It's a second hand but the seller told me that the look is like almost new. So the package arrive today and I feel so sad when I saw the bag first time.
    The leather look damage, is this normal? What can I do to fix it? I have here in Germany Hamburg a Louis Vuitton store, they can fix these? I guess for this price I could buy then a brand new :sad: I paid 500 euro.
    To bad :sad:

Greetings, Lea

Attached Files:

2. I think the seller didn't disclose the rip on purpose, and it happened all the time. I think you need to return it and buy a new one from an honest seller instead.

3. Thank you starvista,
    I was just so excited about my first Louis Vuitton bag and now I feel so sad when I saw it first. Anyway I wrote the seller an email and I wait for his reply... I hope I can return it..

4. I would return this if the rip wasn't disclosed prior to purchase. Good luck.

5. Maybe its new enough and Louis Vuitton would switch it out for a new one in case they deem that the batch was defective. Keep positive thoughts! Good luck!

6. That is not leather, it is vinyl coated canvas. I would return to seller for full refund.

7. I would definitely try to return to the seller. That should have been disclosed.

8. I agree with everyone else. I would definitely return it and get a refund.

9. The damage cannot be repaired. This should have been disclosed and the seller must refund your money. For your first LV, I always recommend buying new from a boutique. The second hand market is risky for a new collector. Wishing you good luck! Let us know what happens.

10. Thank you all so much :smile:
    I wait now for an answer, I sent already an email and inform him that I want to return it. I will let you know if there are some news.
    Now I feel much better :smile:

11. i would definitely return it! gluck and keep us posted!

12. Return. Once canvas is damaged I don't think LV will want to touch ur bag if u need repairs.

13. Definitely return! LV won't fix it and you can't repair torn canvas without it looking terrible.

14. As mentioned above: return ASAP.

15. Return ASAP! Ripped canvas is always a deal breaker. ~ XOXO