Bought my first gauffre!

just beth

Feb 23, 2007
I went out yesterday planning to buy a completely different bag, and fell in love with this one. It's perfect and I'm so excited. It's the gauffre lambskin satchel in camel. I hadn't considered it before so I was a little disappointed when I came home and looked it up and saw it has been on bluefly in the past (I didn't get it on sale), but I love it so I'm going to get over it. The SA showed me how to double the messenger strap to wear it as a shoulder bag, so I'll probably do that a lot in addition to the satchel. And what about the luggage tag? I like it, but leave it blank or stick in a picture of my kids? I can't decide if that's too cutesy. I'm so happy to be part of gauffre club!

Btw, while I was shopping yesterday, I saw a Miu Miu bow satchel in the San Francisco Barney's. I had considered that before, although I decided yesterday it was much too big for me, but I know some people have been looking. It was a light neutral, I think it was the light gray, but I'm not positive.

Attachments

• IMG_1583.JPG
    IMG_1583.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1584.JPG
    IMG_1584.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 61
Congrat on your first Gauffre:balloon: I recently bought a caffe gaufre. Have always find the strap too long for me. So i have never even thought of using it as a shoulder bag:shrugs:
Thanx to your tip that i just try to double the strap and tah dah !!!!:woohoo: finally i can use it in another way.

thanx:biggrin:

Good catch, enjoy--when I'm traveling like to wear the bag cross body so my hands are free.

Speaking of traveling--- off to Paris in 12 days. I have my eyes on the YSL mailbag, hope to find it there or at least look at it.

Congrats on your new beautiful gaufre just beth! I love the style, the color, and the size... and your attitude about your purchase:smile: thank you for sharing!

p.s. i'd leave the luggage tag blank...

I have that in walnut, almost sold it a few months ago, and now it's one of my favorite bags -- the shape just lets you load it full of stuff and I love the smooshy way it drapes when you plunk it down.
Enjoy your bag !!

Love it.

Congrats!

attachment.php