Bought my first Chanel.. Would like opinions please, TIA :)

txstats

Jan 24, 2016
Hello ladies.. To celebrate some milestones this year (passing my CPA exam, got promoted at work, starting grad school, and buying my first condo as well), I treated myself to my first Chanel, the medium flap in black caviar with gold hardware. I'm blessed to live in Southern California where stores are slowly reopening; however, my local boutiques didn't have in stock what I was particularly looking for. I had this purse shipped to me from NM in Downtown Dallas, and because it was such a large purchase, I was a little apprehensive about placing an order over the phone. The SA, though, was very nice. She helped answer all my questions and sent me a few pictures.

That said, I would like your opinions on the purse. She is Made in France, and the leather is from the 29 series. I think the leather is shiny and the quilting is puffy enough, but I'm not too sure about the alignment. I also feel like the back side is also a little squished in on the bottom corners that it looks a little bulgy when I take pictures from the sides. Other than that, I don't think there's any other issues. No popped stitching, no scratches, no creases. What do you ladies think? Is she a keeper? TIA :heart:

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

Love the shine and puffiness of your bag! Although I feel the same way about the alignment because the quilts are not perfect on the flap area in the sense that they don’t look like diamonds. Overall, it’s a beautiful bag!

Reactions: CoCoBelle
Congrats on all the accomplishments! The side profile don’t seem off to me as mine looks like that too. But the flap does seem a bit misaligned to me. If the SA is happy to help, perhaps ask to see another bag just so there are no regrets

Last edited:
Reactions: CoCoBelle
Congrats! She looks perfect to me & definitely a keeper. I think it would be difficult to find another one that is that pristine or better, especially not without being able to compare them side-by-side in person. If one looks hard enough, I think one will always be able to find a flaw on any bag; they're handmade so I don't think that a truly "perfect" bag exists. Personally, I would enjoy her, but it's a big purchase so if you feel like you're settling & won't be happy, then maybe it's best to keep looking. :smile:

Reactions: Quinni and azzazza
Thank you all for the lovely responses! I feel much better now that everyone thinks she's lovely. I guess I was just nervous from the phone transaction, the 29 series leather quality reviews, and also because it was my first Chanel purchase, I didn't exactly know what to expect. I've done my homework, but you just need to get your feet wet! I think I'm gonna keep her, but also shop around still to see if I can find anything locally that I can inspect personally. Thanks again :blush:

Reactions: fishnumber2