Bought My Black Jumbo Classic Flap, Malaysia RM 9480

Why don't you order your bags from overseas? They are low priced outside of Malaysia and you can pay a decent amount for shipping and insurance.

I think that's a good idea if you don't want to spend too much money.

I mean, I think someone could do it for you from this forum...If you are friendly with someone on here that is.

Other than that, do you have any pictures?:biggrin:

No chance to purchase from abroad coz not travelling anywhere for time being, kids still small and besides, can't get anyone to get it for me from abroad coz no one I know will ever understand why I need to spend so much on a bag and therefore, I just couldn't get anyone to do that for me.
So, to save a few grands would be ideal but it's not going to happen, well, not for now. Husband travels all over the world but he will never understand why I should spend so much for a bag and if he knows the price of the bag, I'm sure he'll be really upset eventhough I earn and spend my own money.
The only way is to purchase it myself and I know he will not bother to find out the price coz he's not into designer stuff, he'll just think it is expensive but hopefully not know it is worth a downpayment for a car.

Bekkinia.. i face the same problem, except that i'm a student and it is my dad who supports my addiction. What ive recently discovered from TPF is that you could do your purchases via telephone. Simply call the boutiques or department stores that have your desired bags and they'd charge it to your credit card. (problem solved only if you keep your cc statements to yourself, in my case it's delivered to my dad.. BUMMER!) So, your hubby doesnt have to know how much they cost! in fact, he doesnt even have to know anything..! :graucho:

Laira, you are so lucky! Wish I have a dad like that. That's a good idea, maybe I'll try to get more info. You know, it really feels good to have suggestions and encouragements here from everyone who just loves bags, bags, bags. Thanks!

Hie, im from KL, Malaysia too and ive tried ordering from the Chanel boutiques in the US. However according to the SA, since we have a Chanel boutique in our city, they are not able to sell it directly to me (through direct postage). On top of it all, I found the bag that I want which is the classic flap in white caviar is only available in Tyson, VA! its not even available in europe or asia! :hysteric:

I haven't tried it yet. The beauty has been sitting on the floor inside the box since I bought it, so I decided to keep it with all other designer bags that also haven't seen the daylight.:P

Guess what?Now that I have a Jumbo for day, I am dying to get the medium flap to cover all occasion!:sweatdrop:

I do need to see a shrink, a good one that can get me out of this addiction!

What should I do my dear sisters? Wait or jump?

Hi.. If you need a shrink, I need one too. After I bought a medium in KL, I also dreamed of getting a jumbo daily. In fact everytime I walked past the store in KLCC, I would sneak a peek at the bags. So don't worry, I have what you have - bag obsession!!! :yahoo:

As for buying the bag overseas and shipping it over, I do know its cheaper technically as a Jumbo is USD2650 vs. RM 9480 (if you assume an exchange rate of USD 3.2 - the bag is RM8480) but what about the courier charges and custom duties? Would it roughly cost the same? I understand that imported bags are taxed at 10% at customs? Is this true? If yes, then the bag already cost RM9328 which isn't much cheaper. Anybody tried this in KL?

If it's just a couple of hundred cheaper than Malaysia, I still prefer to buy it in Malaysia. I just can't imagine my Chanel costing me almost RM10K being delivered by the courier man. This will take away the fun and memorable experience of buying a Chanel, for me at least.

Furthermore, if you know the local SAs, I hope it's easier for after sales service, in case u need one.

As for buying the bag overseas and shipping it over, I do know its cheaper technically as a Jumbo is USD2650 vs. RM 9480 (if you assume an exchange rate of USD 3.2 - the bag is RM8480) but what about the courier charges and custom duties? Would it roughly cost the same? I understand that imported bags are taxed at 10% at customs? Is this true? If yes, then the bag already cost RM9328 which isn't much cheaper. Anybody tried this in KL?

Bagfreak, its true there's the 10% custom duties but the last time i purchased my bag from US, i somehow 'talked' my way out of it to the custom officer.. *giggles* all i did was ask if he could reduce the price, and voila! like a true gentleman that he was, he let it go.. talk about luck!!
The thing is, what i realised is that they only seem to focus on parcels from the US. Ive purchased (online and via telephone) from Europe before and the parcels reached me without any fees whatsoever. Weird, really!
Also, while US prices are already cheap, my calculations always say that buying from UK is cheaper. perhaps with the 11% VAT we get back...