Bought fake bag on Ebay - any advice?

You did all the right things by contacting Paypal and filing a claim. However, you did the next best thing by using your credit card. Visa and Mastercard have protection to protect the consumer. File a claim with the issuing bank and claim FRAUD. That way you have both parties working on your behalf. Visa/Mastercard and Paypal. Good luck... I know it will work your way.:idea:

I looked at the Authenticate This Chloe listing where you had a link to the auction and looking at the conditions at the bottom of her auction she states that she accept returns if it is within so many days (I can't remember how many), that she will refund if the item is "not as described".

This bag is not as described so she should accept the bag back and refund you your money.

Although she did not actually state in the auction that it was 100% authentic - she did claim it was a Chloe Paddington and if it is a fake then it is NOT a CHLOE PADDINGTON is it?

Keep pushing Paypal. You could also report this through eBay as well.

I looked at the Authenticate This Chloe listing where you had a link to the auction and looking at the conditions at the bottom of her auction she states that she accept returns if it is within so many days (I can't remember how many), that she will refund if the item is "not as described".

This bag is not as described so she should accept the bag back and refund you your money.

Although she did not actually state in the auction that it was 100% authentic - she did claim it was a Chloe Paddington and if it is a fake then it is NOT a CHLOE PADDINGTON is it?

Keep pushing Paypal. You could also report this through eBay as well.

No, it's most def. not a Chloé Paddington as described.

I just escalted the dispute to a claim. I'm tired of waiting for her to answer and she seemed very firm that she wants proof.

Just after making the claim Paypal sent an confirming email with some info - incl saying that they might ask me to submit a letter of inauthenticity from a reputable expert who can substantiate the claim. I'm wondering; who would make such a letter? If they start writing letters for everyone who bought a fake, they would be busy.

Do you guys know whether PayPal really would ask this!? and who would write such a letter? :rolleyes: Hope it's just a standard mail!

Im sooo exhausted now! Hope this ends soon. :sad:

I think http://www.mypoupette.com/ should be able to authenticate the bag if required.
I'm hopeful you will get your money back and I would recommend saving all of your paperwork and bringing it to your customs office as you should be due a refund there also.
Keep us posted.

Thank you for the link. I might choose to contact them, if PayPal want some more proof, e.g.

And yes, I'm saving all my paperwork. And hopefully also get the Custom amount back.

I will update you as soon as there's any news! :yes:

Thank you so much for your time all of you.

Update:

As you might know I escalated the dispute to a claim yesterday and this morning PayPal answered me saying that I am eligible for a refund. And that I had to send the item bag to seller and provide them with a tracking number. So I did today. It was so nice to get rid of that fake ugly bag. :yes:

And it was SO nice that they decided so fast. But reading the communication between seller and I, it was also pretty obvious that seller was in deep waters, so to speak.

But then again, I will not relax until I actually have the money! It has been and is still very stressful this.

But all in all the case is going in the right direction! About the Custom amount, I don't know yet, whether I'll get that back. But hey, so far, so good! :smile:

^^ that is good news, really pleased things got moving so quickly for you. Fingers crossed it will all be simple now. Did I understand correctly that the bag has to make it back to Australia?

Such good news for you, but what a dreadful experience to have to go through.
I hope your news is equally as good with customs, but it should also go in your favor all things considered.
Fingers crossed!

Update:

As you might know I escalated the dispute to a claim yesterday and this morning PayPal answered me saying that I am eligible for a refund. And that I had to send the item bag to seller and provide them with a tracking number. So I did today. It was so nice to get rid of that fake ugly bag. :yes:

And it was SO nice that they decided so fast. But reading the communication between seller and I, it was also pretty obvious that seller was in deep waters, so to speak.

But then again, I will not relax until I actually have the money! It has been and is still very stressful this.

But all in all the case is going in the right direction! About the Custom amount, I don't know yet, whether I'll get that back. But hey, so far, so good! :smile:

Excellent - You will find that once you escalated the claim Paypal automatically took the money from her Paypal account (whether she had it in there or had already removed it (they would put her account into minus)) so you will get your money back through Paypal if they find in your favour.

I think that on issues with authenticity it comes down to whether the seller can prove the item is authentic rather than the buyer proving it isn't.

Sorry if I have said all this before.

Thank you guys for your messages :smile: :tup:

Miss Sooky: yes, it's seems like the item has to be delivered back to seller before I get refund.
I thought that as soon PayPal had the tracking number for the parcel, that they would refund me. But I guess not. So right now I'm just waiting.