Bought dream bag...but not as described

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
Hi ladies
After much agonizing, I finally bought a ysl cc from a power seller on eBay and I love it. I got the large and I feel like the size is perfect, color is amazing...I love this bag but it does have cracked finishing on the handle seams. I don't want to let that ruin my excitement but it has. Do you think it is a big deal and would you bring it up to the seller? Unpaid $1500 for it so while it was a decent deal, it wasn't a "crazy" deal. I am never that nightmare buyer, I am just bummed
If this is inevitable, should I just keep it and ask for some $$$ back? My budget was $1600 and it took a long time to find one in my budget but this is not what I expected.

Attachments

• image-3184874907.jpg
    image-3184874907.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 404
  • image-1701970587.jpg
    image-1701970587.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 399
_lili_ said:
Did you buy it new?

No, it was described as excellent pre-owned condition but this wasn't mentioned in the description nor was it captured in the pictures....like at all.
I will say that other than multiple cracks on the handles, the rest of the bag looks literally brand new but the sealant is majorly cracked.

Ok, if you're largely happy to keep it, I'd contact the seller promptly and try to get a discount. Apparently, this can happen to YSL bags (from chatting to an SA) and they can send them to some bag spa to reseal the glue.
I recently bought a brand new bag (not a Chyc) from a boutique on sale and it had the same problem. I still decided to get it, but mine was about half the price of yours.

it depends whether you will think about it all the time and get very distracted...it is true that it is happening and it can be fixed,

I would look up the price of fixing and ask the seller for that much of a refund, because it was not described. I got such refund once with dirtier bag than described, seller payed cleaning, I still wanted to keep the bag.

It is not such a steal to live with cracks, I personally like to develop them myself if they ever occur.

I bought once a Muse for $600 which was really a steal, with very worn out handles, and they drove me crazy, more and more every day and I finally returned it