Bought a WHITE bag, am I allowed to wear it?

itsonly4me

Oskar Waltz
O.G.
May 8, 2007
Ok ok, I know this topic has probably been discussed before ( I did a search but didnt see anything except from 2006)

SO, what do you all think about wearing white bags year round? I personally think its OK, but I know some people 'dont wear white after labor day' .....:confused1:

Should I feel dumb for buying a white bag in september?:sweatdrop:

I can't do it :Push: I'm in nothern NJ and theres no way I can use a bright white bag in the winter. Off white yes. I also can't wear bright white pants or shoes after labor day...lol Epi Ivory would look really pretty in f/w. Which bag did you get?

I can't do it :Push: I'm in nothern NJ and theres no way I can use a bright white bag in the winter. Off white yes. I also can't wear bright white pants or shoes after labor day...lol Epi Ivory would look really pretty in f/w. Which bag did you get?

I know what you mean Guilty Pleasure, as I am in PA. Sometimes I think that rule has no reasoning behind it though. :confused1:

As for what bag I got? That's a secret of course, until I do my reveal in a day or so :P Sorry! I know tPFers HATE suspense! :roflmfao:

I love white and I will wear it all year round. My only concern is that white might be dirtied easily.

I am worried about that aspect too chinchin_lim!! It will be my first completely white bag, as I have white MC, but nothing WHITE. It is leather though, so I am hoping it will stand up against dirt? :sweatdrop:

I wear white after labor day as long as the weather is warm the white is out! However once the chill hits the air its time to put it away

That seems like a good idea. I wouldnt want to wear it when it was snowing or anything! I do see a lot of people wearing white clothes, shoes and coats in the winter, so doesnt that kind of break the rule, if you are a follower?

That seems like a good idea. I wouldnt want to wear it when it was snowing or anything! I do see a lot of people wearing white clothes, shoes and coats in the winter, so doesnt that kind of break the rule, if you are a follower?

Your right they make white boots and white coats (heck I have one)...lol but I guess that is as far as its supposed to go..coats and boots no purses and shoes:P

I think this rule mostly applies to shoes. White can be quite fashionable in winter months if done correctly. I would be careful that you don't get dye transfer from your winter clothing onto the bag though.

I think this rule mostly applies to shoes. White can be quite fashionable in winter months if done correctly. I would be careful that you don't get dye transfer from your winter clothing onto the bag though.

I think I will leave it at home when I have to start wearing an actual coat. I would be very scared to get color transfer. Now that I think about it though, my one winter coat is off white, so that may not match anyway! :nuts: