Bought a WHITE bag, am I allowed to wear it?

I never saw that in person either but the pastels on the bag would make it a s/s bag I think. I have the Pap and the colors are classic s/s colors....I'm dying to see to what she's waiting on. Probably perfectly fine for winter...lol

I know what you mean Guilty Pleasure, as I am in PA. Sometimes I think that rule has no reasoning behind it though. :confused1:

As for what bag I got? That's a secret of course, until I do my reveal in a day or so :P Sorry! I know tPFers HATE suspense! :roflmfao:

If it is White Suhali than I think you can since that is an off white. I can't wait to see what you got! Woo hoo!!!!

I never saw that in person either but the pastels on the bag would make it a s/s bag I think. I have the Pap and the colors are classic s/s colors....I'm dying to see to what she's waiting on. Probably perfectly fine for winter...lol

OMG! GP, that is just what I was ready to type when I was writing my last post regarding the White Suhali! I didn't even see the earlier posts. I will not be carrying my White WC Speedy in Fall and Winter. It is white. It is a S/S bag for the East Coast in my book. And, I am looking at my White WC while I type this...it IS white.

So the only bags that are white white are the MC's & WC's? How about the Mahina..is that white white? Just trying to figure out what she could have possibly gotten :thinking::biggrin:
Oh and...yea!! I'm not the only one...lol

My mother says no white and no linen between Labor Day and Memorial Day. But my SA at NM says it's okay through the end of September. And I've frequently seen white during the holidays, with holiday wear of course.

Having said that, the rule really only applies to true white. Ivory, winter white and pearl white are fair game all year round. and that includes Suhali, epi and vernis by LV. The only bag I'll put away for awhile is my MC Ursula and my white Kors chain bag. I may put away my bright yellow Bbag too, but that's it.

Labor Day is a holiday on the first Monday in September and it was once a tradition to not wear white after the holiday. I never understood the reasoning behind it... stupid traditions blahhhhhhhh :shrugs:

I wear white all year round... as long as I can keep it clean haha. I say wear your bag and show the world how careful you can be and still have a nice, white bag! :tup:

Damnit, now tell us which bag you got! We're dying from suspense............. :crybaby:

Hehe, it should be here tomorrow! I have to do a reveal, I cant just tell you! What fun would that be??:lol:

Come to think of it the only 'white' bags LV makes is the WC Speedy & MC White or maybe the white Mahina which I've never seen in person so I'm not sure it's bright white either. You need to show us!! I'm dying to see what you got :popcorn: !!

It was a limited edition piece.. and nope its not the mahina, but thats VERY close Guilty Pleasure :nuts:

Ok ok, I know this topic has probably been discussed before ( I did a search but didnt see anything except from 2006)

SO, what do you all think about wearing white bags year round? I personally think its OK, but I know some people 'dont wear white after labor day' .....:confused1:

Should I feel dumb for buying a white bag in september?:sweatdrop:

UPDATE 9/5/08 - 6pm - Just received my bag... taking pictures now, should be up soon :yahoo: