Bought a WHITE bag, am I allowed to wear it?

I think it also depends on where you live ... when I lived in NY and MI, I definitely did not wear white after Labor Day. But now that I live in CA where the weather is nice year-round, those rules don't seem to apply.

I love this question! For me:
  • bright white is an all year round color for BAGS only or white tee underneath a sweater.
  • for other items like coats, pants, etc., it's winter white or cream after Labor Day
  • one of my favorite looks in the winter is my white MC Speedy with dark jeans, boots & a bright solid-colored sweater or puffy jacket.

I'm the only person who doesn't wear bright white in the winter...strange indeed. I can see if you live in a warm climate but in the north east we get cold, wet & slushy winters. I mean off white is lovely in the winter. I also have the coat & boots. But bright white? I don't know about that :shrugs: Maybe I come from a different generation shhh..don't tell anyone:P

Don't feel bad, I can't bring myself to do it either! Unless I am in the tropics, I do not wear white once the cold weather starts to roll in. It's too bad, because I have a lot of nice, white cold-weather clothing.

Unfortunately the "no white after Labour Day" has been drilled into my head from an early age (Ontario born and bred). Poor Watercolour Speedy, MC Rita + Marilyn and Berkeley Azur have been put away for the long autumn/winter season. Besides ,I live in damp and dreich Scotland. However, it does mean Mancrazy, Mahina, Mirage Speedy and their cupboard mates can be worn. Sorry for being a traditionalist.

Can someone please enlighten me as to what this "Labor Day rule" is? I have never heard of it...

TIA!

Labor Day is a holiday on the first Monday in September and it was once a tradition to not wear white after the holiday. I never understood the reasoning behind it... stupid traditions blahhhhhhhh :shrugs:

I wear white all year round... as long as I can keep it clean haha. I say wear your bag and show the world how careful you can be and still have a nice, white bag! :tup:

Damnit, now tell us which bag you got! We're dying from suspense............. :crybaby:

Last edited:
We should totally make a movement to take back White after labor day!! :biggrin:
hehe...You're in Cali you can wear it all year around. I guess it is sort of silly if you think about it. But like I said...I've been that way my whole life. You really just don't see it around here that often. On the bright side like someone else mentioned it's fun to pull out the fall/winter bags after they've been cooped up all s/s!! The truth is that once winter hits I don't even use my Mono bags anymore. Mono is great for F/S/S but for some reason in the winter they get put on the back shelf as well. Time for Damier, Epi & Mirage!! (the only wintery bags I have).

Come to think of it the only 'white' bags LV makes is the WC Speedy & MC White or maybe the white Mahina which I've never seen in person so I'm not sure it's bright white either. You need to show us!! I'm dying to see what you got :popcorn: !!