Bought a vintage white gold love bracelet from a Japanese eBay reseller

uyalison

O.G.
May 1, 2011
This forum has been so helpful in the wealth of information and experience people shares. I am hoping that I can contribute.

I have recently bought a vintage white gold love bracelet from a Japanese reseller. They have next to perfect feedback. The price was very good. It has the old screw system. It doesn’t come with any paper work. It does come with the screw driver and a Cartier box with the white Interior. The seller has been very responsive to all my questions.

It was exactly 1 week from when I paid for it to When i received it. This is international shipping from japan to Canada. I selected shipping via EMS. I didn’t get charged duty.

When I received It. I was very happily surprised with the condition it is in. It is shiny, I can barely see any scratches. I louped it, there are some dings. The screw driver has seen ages. The box is also old, I can see it is on its way out.

I am pretty confident that it is authentic. Japanese’s are known to sell authentic merchandise. I was not too worried, was debating whether it worths a trip to Cartier. I was in the neighbour today for one of my kid’s activity, so I dropped by Cartier and asked for the shining Service. The lady who helped me asked me whether it was recently polished, it seemed to be in excellent condition. But she took it to the back any way to give a service. She was super nice and helpful.

I am happy I went the preowne route.

This forum has been so helpful in the wealth of information and experience people shares. I am hoping that I can contribute.

I have recently bought a vintage white gold love bracelet from a Japanese reseller. They have next to perfect feedback. The price was very good. It has the old screw system. It doesn’t come with any paper work. It does come with the screw driver and a Cartier box with the white Interior. The seller has been very responsive to all my questions.

It was exactly 1 week from when I paid for it to When i received it. This is international shipping from japan to Canada. I selected shipping via EMS. I didn’t get charged duty.

When I received It. I was very happily surprised with the condition it is in. It is shiny, I can barely see any scratches. I louped it, there are some dings. The screw driver has seen ages. The box is also old, I can see it is on its way out.

I am pretty confident that it is authentic. Japanese’s are known to sell authentic merchandise. I was not too worried, was debating whether it worths a trip to Cartier. I was in the neighbour today for one of my kid’s activity, so I dropped by Cartier and asked for the shining Service. The lady who helped me asked me whether it was recently polished, it seemed to be in excellent condition. But she took it to the back any way to give a service. She was super nice and helpful.

I am happy I went the preowne route.[/QUOTE what is the seller’s EBay name

Reactions: uyalison
Congrats, it looks great on you! I bought an older white gold love in January (I wanted the old screw system) and mine has been rhodium plated so looks pretty much new too. Looking at the colour of yours it looks like it may be rhodium plated too has it?
I took mine to Cartier for engraving, which I wanted done anyway, but also gave me reassurance regarding authenticity.
So far I haven’t had to tighten the screws at all which is great as stories about the new screw system on here had put me off buying the full love bracelet previously so I’d stuck with the cuff version. Fingers crossed mine continues to be ok!
Enjoy your beautiful bracelet :smile:

Reactions: uyalison
Congrats, it looks great on you! I bought an older white gold love in January (I wanted the old screw system) and mine has been rhodium plated so looks pretty much new too. Looking at the colour of yours it looks like it may be rhodium plated too has it?
I took mine to Cartier for engraving, which I wanted done anyway, but also gave me reassurance regarding authenticity.
So far I haven’t had to tighten the screws at all which is great as stories about the new screw system on here had put me off buying the full love bracelet previously so I’d stuck with the cuff version. Fingers crossed mine continues to be ok!
Enjoy your beautiful bracelet :smile:

I did ask them if it is rhodium plated. They said it is shiny because it is polish and refurbished. I assumed that means they did not rhodium plated it. Honestly mine came in such almost perfect condition, I was very surprised. Unfortunately I have already scratch the underside. :sad: I guess that mean I made the right decision to get it pre-owned. It probably would have hurt me more if I had gotten it brand new.

I did follow your thread "Anyone with old style love (removable screws) advice please" It is really helpful. Thank you for starting the post. You too, enjoy your bracelets.

Reactions: Tonimichelle