Bought a real Kooba - also have fake to compare.

Greetings all,
I have been merely a watcher on this forum, up until know. Just lurking trying to get info on purchasing a great purse - thanks by they way for all the expertise on the boards.

I decided to purchase a new purse for spring/summer and pack my beloved Tods away until next winter (it's black). After much research I decided I must have a Kooba Sienna. I convinced my-self that the bag I purchased on Ebay for $300 was real. When I got it it smelled wonderful, like great quality leather. I believed it was real, but somewhere in the back of my mind I thought "what if?" After a few weeks of enjoying my purse, I noticed that one of the studs that hold on part of the stap was missing. I contacted the seller and told her I realize she is not required to do anything as the transaction was completed weeks ago, but I thought the right thing for her to do would be to offer a refund, considering the expense of the purse and supposed high quality of Kooba. (hey, it was worth a try!) Do you know...she did! She was very nice and apologetic. Then as I was packing the purse up to ship back I noticed another one was missing. I can't imagine a quality handbag such as a Kooba would be falling apart so quickly.

So I did the right thing and just ordered the purse from the Kooba website. Paid extra to get it here quickly, which means tomorrow (Thursday).

Anyway, I will hang on to the other purse as now I have the ability to actually compare fake with real side-by-side.

If anyone is interetsed in any obvious discrepencies and ways to tell a fake Kooba form a real one, I'll be happy to post them here. It's not very often one has a real and a fake in her possession.

You know... it never ceases to amaze me how many fakes there are out there. Atleast it sounds like you bought it from a good person... and that's why she gave you a refund... I'm glad that it ended well...

Post pics if you have any, I am definitely curious about the fake kooba.

Sometimes authentic bags have problems as well (ie. Stam, Paddington, ..). It's unbelievable how high-end designer bags would have quality issues, but they are not unheard of.

Good luck with your new Sienna. =)
A NM SA told me that Kooba has good warranty -- Kooba sent her client a brand new replacement for a bag that fell apart.