Bought a New B'Bag, but What IS it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathy K

O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
I just bought this bag at Neiman. It's pretty big compared to most of my bags, but the lamb leather is just impossibly soft and squishy. The bag is feather light and, I think, pretty unusual. The leather is a sort of irridescent navy. The handle is really long, and not adjustable. It can be worn as a shoulder bag, but looks like it was pretty clearly designed to be worn cross-body.

I know b'bags pretty well, but I've never seen this before nor can I find anything like it in the reference threads. Does anyone know what it's called and/ or what the name of the color is (Neiman had no clue as to style name, and simply called the color "navy").

Also, do you guys like this bag? Opinions solicited! I'm debating whether to keep this, so would really like to hear what you all think.

CIMG0759.jpg

CIMG0760.jpg

I never saw this style. I like the color but do not like the bag at all. I am being honest. What would bother me about the bag is the long leather strap. I feel it will not hold up well. I think in time the leather will stretch and then get weak. Something about the long strap just seems off to me. It does not seem sturdy enough for long term use with a expensive bag. I do like the shape of the bottom of the bag and think you could put a ton of stuff in the bag. Did you get it on sale or pay full price? Can I ask what you paid. It is strange that they did not have any information on what this bag was called. Do you know what year it is from?

The style of the bag reminds me of the LV large NOE which was one of my all time favorite bags that I ever owned but the Noe straps were sewn on the side seams of the bag and very sturdy and impossible to damage. My Noe is over 15 years old and still looks good.

Hmmm... If I am going to buy a Balenciaga it's going to be a city. I am not sure I like this bag. I am also suprised that no one had any information on this bag, did it come with tags? The strap for me is too long.

I appreciate the honest opinions. The bag is spring '09, and I paid $1195. Yes it came with tags. I'll look at them again when I get a chance and see if I can find anything more helpful. Looks like the consensus is to return it. Interesting. Thanks, ladies!

where did you buy it kathy? are you sure it's from spring 09? it looks at most vintage to me.... can you show us the tags, etc? i would definitely return this and get the classic city bag instead ....

Status
Not open for further replies.