Bought a Fake Chanel from ITALY from EBAY Seller Help!

vannilicious

One is never enough
O.G.
Dec 14, 2011
I am writing this with so much anger in me. Chanel gurus, please help!

Recently I purchased a Chanel Jumbo Caviar #24 series off EBay from a seller ID davidmodel86

He listed the item as Authentic and we agreed to take it on personal terms. He promised that it comes with the full set and he bought it from Florence. I was convinced because he as good reviews on EBay and he gave me his personal info.
Everything came smoothly after I paid him but when the bag came it looks a little fishy because the chain was so light and squeaky! It did not come with a dustbag and the invoice was totally blackout. It’s as good as waste paper. He did not mention about this and was not apologetic. So I went to get Ironic to verify for me here and indeed it was fake!!!! So I went on to get paid authentication from Real Authentication and they verified it was fake too!

I know I should have done verification before purchase but it was such a stupid mistake. I paid 3045 euros for this fakie.

I then WhatsApped him. Initially, he agreed to return me money, then subsequently, he procrastinated and same old story trying to say purseforum and Real Authentication is BS and insisted is original and bought it from the boutique. He said it was his mom’s now he said he bought it there.

I contacted my bank as well as filed a police report in my country. They said will try their best to recoup the money from his bank with the police report.

I tried my best to Public shame him on Facebook. He added me on Facebook before transaction and I managed to save all his details and working location. Now he blocks me and refuse to refund. I don’t get it, if it’s not fake, why don’t just process a refund? This means is fake right? Guilty as charged!

This Fraudster is an Italian, working as a surfing coach in Tuscany. I feel so unjust! This is the first time I experienced this!

thanks for reading! What should I do? Please shed some light! Can I shame him here too? :sad:

Last edited:
I am writing this with so much anger in me. Chanel gurus, please help!

Recently I purchased a Chanel Jumbo Caviar #24 series off EBay from a seller ID davidmodel86

He listed the item as Authentic and we agreed to take it on personal terms. He promised that it comes with the full set and he bought it from Florence. I was convinced because he as good reviews on EBay and he gave me his personal info.
Everything came smoothly after I paid him but when the bag came it looks a little fishy because the chain was so light and squeaky! It did not come with a dustbag and the invoice was totally blackout. It’s as good as waste paper. He did not mention about this and was not apologetic. So I went to get Ironic to verify for me here and indeed it was fake!!!! So I went on to get paid authentication from Real Authentication and they verified it was fake too!

I know I should have done verification before purchase but it was such a stupid mistake. I paid 3045 euros for this fakie.

I then WhatsApped him. Initially, he agreed to return me money, then subsequently, he procrastinated and same old story trying to say purseforum and Real Authentication is BS and insisted is original and bought it from the boutique. He said it was his mom’s now he said he bought it there.

I contacted my bank as well as filed a police report in my country. They said will try their best to recoup the money from his bank with the police report.

I tried my best to Public shame him on Facebook. He added me on Facebook before transaction and I managed to save all his details and working location. Now he blocks me and refuse to refund. I don’t get it, if it’s not fake, why don’t just process a refund? This means is fake right? Guilty as charged!

This Fraudster is an Italian, working as a surfing coach in Tuscany. I feel so unjust! This is the first time I experienced this!

thanks for reading! What should I do? Please shed some light! Can I shame him here too? :sad:

Did you BUY & PAY through Ebay or did you take it off Ebay & sent the seller a wire transfer? Because that's my understanding in your post. The transaction was taken off Ebay & you paid via money transfer - Which you have NO recourse to get your funds back!

I don't care how much money the seller offered to drop the price if you pay via money transfer - Never EVER pay through wire transfer, your money is as good as gone & you will never see it again.

IF you had/Have paid through eBay or PayPal you can/could be able to file a dispute. But from what I understand is, is that you paid via wire transfer or bank transfer and/or Cash. Your money is GONE if you paid that way.

A Seller who is willing to cheat eBay (or whatever platform they use) & take the sale off that site has NO compunction being dishonest with you. I'm sorry - But your chances of getting a refund is 0%.

ETA: I just went to the Chanel AT Thread & you stated in your request that you purchased this bag on "Personal terms."

Last edited:
I'm sorry this happened to you. People suck. I never buy from ebay anymore because of stories like this. It's so fishy now. Even instagram is scary. When sellers want to work off site and more on a personal level, it's always a red flag. Pay with PayPal, its easier to recoup money during these situations.

I looked him up. Thanks for warning us about him. It looks like he's only sold 16 items and the rest of his reviews (108) are as a buyer. If still going with ebay, buy if the seller has like thousands of positives reviews . Sellers from Japan are also safe as it's highly regulated and illegal to sell counterfeits. I dont trust any preloved sites except fashionphile or yoogiscloset.

I really do hope everything works out for you. Sending you all my positive vibes.

I’m so sorry this happen to you!
It is so hard nowadays. I also sell stuffs on eBay, I used to be just do eBay payment, but I get so many buyers asking for discount, so I’d offer to do PayPal money request as the payment, so I don’t get charged 10% by eBay and I give 10% discount to the buyer. Some buyers feel it is fishy, then I just say, we can go through eBay but I can’t change my price. Anyways, sorry I was a bit off topic. I truly hope you get your money back easily!

Reactions: vannilicious
Sorry this happened to you, if true.

But I've never heard of "Ironic" as authenticators, and heard bad things about Real Authentication (calling real bags fake, and fake bags real.) Is it at all possible it is real, after all? I don't want to tell you to throw away more money on a different authentication service, but asking how confident you are in the verdicts. Trying to look for a potential way to salvage this situation...would be ideal if the bag is authentic.

Anyway - going forward, always always protect your rights as a buyer. If you are unfortunately sure it is a fake :sad: then I guess try to shame him anywhere you can. Hopefully he will cave.

I’m so sorry this happen to you!
It is so hard nowadays. I also sell stuffs on eBay, I used to be just do eBay payment, but I get so many buyers asking for discount, so I’d offer to do PayPal money request as the payment, so I don’t get charged 10% by eBay and I give 10% discount to the buyer. Some buyers feel it is fishy, then I just say, we can go through eBay but I can’t change my price. Anyways, sorry I was a bit off topic. I truly hope you get your money back easily!
I wouldn't recommend doing this, because the experienced legitimate buyers may tend to avoid you, and you are opening yourself up to selecting scammers who target sellers like you and then find a way to reverse the PayPal transaction. Instead, wait for those $1 or Free selling promos on eBay, and deal with only the most trustworthy-seeming buyers.

Even safer if you have a Chanel, just go with a consignment site like Fashionphile who will buy the product outright.

Also, since it’s a 24 series, I would send it out to Etinceler to have them authenticate. It’s $100 plus shipping etc., but may be worth it.

Squeaky chains can also happen with authentic bags. It just means that the leather needs some conditioning.

Reactions: caannie