bought a fake bag on ebay, now i'm not sure what to do!

mmmsc: here's the link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220456457985&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

simbadog: the feedback is fine, not one negative. but a few of her previous auctions are private listings that look like they were designer bags too which is suspicious. exactly, i really doubt the original seller would care after that long! i have started a dispute but i think i'll escalate it. i just want paypal to deal with it and i don't want to return it and find the seller uses excuses not to pay me whilst she empties the funds from her account or something. she may just be looking to get it back, refund and move on quickly but i don't want to take the chance really.

Be aware that if you escalate to a claim and PP makes the decision for the seller, they MAY require a letter of non-auth... of which YOU will be required to pay for. If the seller is willing to refund, advise her to simply respond to the dispute in that manner and you will promptly ship the bag back to her.

ellie mae oh no, i didn't know that and i've already escalated it. if i cancel the claim does it revert back to a dispute or does it close the entire thing?

No ma'am... you have to leave it alone now. If you CANCEL, then you cancel and cannot re-open. So.. just be patient and wait. DO NOT CANCEL.
Email the seller back and advise her that you have filed w/ PP ONLY for your own protection, upon the advice of PP (blame it on someone else, and act like you don't know any better). Advise that if she will simply respond to the claim that she will accept the return and refund, then you can ship her bag back to her TOMORROW. Play dumb and nice, and advise that you are ready to ship. Hopefully she will respond promptly.

Also CALL PP and ask them may you fax/email them her emails stating that she too thinks the bag fake and has agreed to refund.

yea I had a similar situation years ago with a Louis Vuitton ellipse... just give the seller a chance and if they don't give you your money back or offer you a full refund, then file a claim with paypal before it is too late. and you will get all of your money back if you win your claim :smile:

ellie mae, thank you for the advice! i have emailed her as you said and i'm just waiting for a response now. hopefully this works! haven't called paypal yet as it's late here and their phone lines are closed, but i'll do that tomorrow.

If you send it back, be sure and send back with signature confirmation. Whatever you do, don't close the PP case until you get your refund, even if she asks you to.

Wow that would be a beautiful bag if it was authentic.

The listing doesn't technically say SHE bought it at Barneys... it sounds to me from the listing and what you've said like the seller she originally bought included a Barney's receipt.

There's something about her emails that makes me think she's telling the truth... I think it's possible that she may be upset that she took a £160 loss when she resold it and would rather get her full amount back from the person that she bought it from if she can.

Good luck! I hope this all works out for you and you get your money back.

Her fb is private...which always makes me uncomfortable.

I would be careful since she did lie about where she got the bag...she purchased it at barneys and then all of the sudden ebay. I really have a hard time believing that a seller that sold her a bag a year ago would be so willing to offer her a refund! A year's time is plenty of time to switch a legit bag with a fake.

I would keep the PP claim open and escalate the claim ASAP, hopefully she did not remove the funds in her account and it is on hold. Send the bag back when PP tells you to do so and be sure to provide tracking number, insurace and signature confirmation.