Bought a Damier Ebony Berkelely but its too wide for me, suggestions?

courtneyclv

Feb 12, 2009
Hey everyone,

I am new to the forum and just bought my first LV yesterday. :smile:

I love the pockets on the outside and the structure of it. I also LOVE the gold plaque and think it adds a little something extra...

The only thing is this..I like to wear my bag on my shoulder, not always carry it. (Ill probably leave it somewhere!) I dont like long 'shoulder straps' but a double handle kind of strap....Just like my Berkelely.

On the LV website it says the bag is 5.5" wide on the bottom. That is only where the feet are. It is really over 8 inches. It is kind of wide and unless I squish the bag down, (where your arm goes) it seems to big for my petite frame. The length is fine..just seems kind of bulky and wide on the bottom for me.

Any suggestions? The 'Hampton' bags are alright..but kind of boring compared to that of the Berkeley.

I have 12 days if want to exchange at my local LV store. Am going to take it out tomorrow to see how it goes...

I do love the design and think it is a gorgeous bag...

Courtney

Hi,
I'm sorry. Don't mean to make anyone mad by carrying the bag for one day.
I had to see what it was like with some weight. (Bad back) I do like the trevi, but it is $500 more and already spent $1600. Anything with
Chocolate leather, so maybe ill go look at a hamstead. Any other suggestions? I'm looking for a
Classic shape, but young looking.
Thanks!

I say if you don't like it take it back put all of your things in it at the store so you can see how heavy it is! Is it really fair for someone to spend 1600 on a used bag?????????:wtf: