Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Keep both - they are different enough

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Return both - buy a new one

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters

tarheelap

Oct 4, 2017
Please share your opinions on these two preloved bags I just bought. I had every intention of comparing them and returning one, but I think I love them both for different reasons. Which would you keep and why?

15 series Caviar M/L classic flap (left) vs 12 series Washed Caviar M/L classic flap (right)

The caviar is more shiny and blue; the washed caviar has a hint of grey and is less shiny. Washed caviar also has some corner wear.

Would love to hear any general comparisons between washed caviar and caviar. Also, can both be equally professionally spa'd down the road?
Thanks!

IMG_1290.jpg IMG_1292.jpg IMG_1293.jpg

I would go with the 15. Only because the quilts look puffier and the bag has more structure to it. But! I really like the thinner smaller CC logo on the 12! Which one did you end up keeping?

I kept the 15, and the main reason was color. The truer navy will work better with my wardrobe than the slightly grayer shade. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the 12 wouldn't work with an outfit that had navy in it because it would look dull. Thanks for your comments!

If you must pick one then keep the 15! The other one looks very worn out and structure looks quite bad.
However if it was up to me i'd return both and get a new one if it's within means! :smile:

I much more prefer the 15 series, because I dislike washed caviar, especially for classic flaps. You can see in the picture that it has already start to lose its structure (and it'll only get worse with use). The caviar is soft which makes deflated quilts and creasing happening so much faster. IMO, classic flaps look better when they are structured, save the soft and unstructured look for seasonals, like the Easy flap. I'm also not a fan of the look of washed caviar.
If I can be honest, I would return both bags. I really like the 15 series for its structure, deep color, shine and puffiness, if only it didn't have that very obvious creasing towards the bottom.
I'm very particular about creasing on classic flaps, but if you don't mind, I'd go with the 15 series. Is it the 11A navy blue?

Reactions: tarheelap
I know you post in June and may have made your decision already but I voted return both. All I see is structure loss in both bags. The washed caviar also has a poor usability factor here on tpf. Hope you are happy with whatever decision you made.

I much more prefer the 15 series, because I dislike washed caviar, especially for classic flaps. You can see in the picture that it has already start to lose its structure (and it'll only get worse with use). The caviar is soft which makes deflated quilts and creasing happening so much faster. IMO, classic flaps look better when they are structured, save the soft and unstructured look for seasonals, like the Easy flap. I'm also not a fan of the look of washed caviar.
If I can be honest, I would return both bags. I really like the 15 series for its structure, deep color, shine and puffiness, if only it didn't have that very obvious creasing towards the bottom.
I'm very particular about creasing on classic flaps, but if you don't mind, I'd go with the 15 series. Is it the 11A navy blue?

Thanks for your input! I have no idea if it's the 11A navy blue. Does 15 series not narrow it down to that? It is a lovely true navy, though.