Bougainvillea or Sanguine for a kelly?

e_pinpin

Miss Penne' Cotta
O.G.
Oct 6, 2006
Dear ladies,

Please give me your opinion on whether I should get a kelly 35 in Bougainvillea or Sanguine???

The red tones I like are more like Ruby, Tosca, or Bois de Rose
(with more red, pink undertone rather than orange)

But these are the only two colors I could find right now

Which should be a better choice for me??

Which is more popular or sought after??

Which is not too much pop of a color on a kelly 35??

(Considering I might have to let it go for my original choice of color later)

Thank you for all your input :smile: TIA

Anyone has comparison pics or pics side by side of Bougainvillea and Sanguine please kindly share :smile:

Last edited:
have you seen and tried on these colours on you to see which you prefer? i suggest you do a search in this forum to look at pictures. but you mentioned they are not your original choice of colours, why don't you wait then rather than buy a kelly in a colour that you don't really like?

bougainvillier has pink undertones, sanguine has more orange..not sure which is more popular, it is all down to individual preferences really.

have you seen and tried on these colours on you to see which you prefer? i suggest you do a search in this forum to look at pictures. but you mentioned they are not your original choice of colours, why don't you wait then rather than buy a kelly in a colour that you don't really like?

bougainvillier has pink undertones, sanguine has more orange..not sure which is more popular, it is all down to individual preferences really.

I tried searching to look at pictures of how these two colors would look in real life.

But it's very hard to decide unless I see them side by side.

and No, I havent tried on any of these colors and I don't think it's possible because I'm ordering them from overseas :sad:

It's quite hard to get these bags here so I'm grabbing one now that i can!

Thank you so much for your input :smile: I appreciate it!! :smile:

Please also remember that different leather will have slight different even in bougainvella! I have both clemence and Epsom, to me boug in clemence have slight orange tone, but still red! While Epsom is more red red to me, so u need to consider what leather u are looking into!!!

Between the two choices, I think Bougainvillea probably is a better choice for you given your preferences. Sanguine in my mind is more orange than red. But forever132 is absolutely right, the same color in different leathers will look different. I have a Bougainvillea B in chevre and it practically looks the same as Rose Jaipur in swift but just a tad bit darker.

I have Sanguine and Bougainvillea definitely has more pink undertones than Sanguine.
Sanguine undertones are more coral. In some lighting Sanguine looks more orange, in other lighting it can look like Brique, a true chameleon color.
I prefer Sanguine over Bougainvillea, because it's such a chameleon (sometimes it is like having 3 bags in 1, lol) and much more versatile for me than Bougainvillea.
If you don't like orange undertones though, Sanguine is not for you.

However, since you said you might want to let it go if you find your original choice later, I think you should pass. For this amount of money, I wouldn't settle but wait until the perfect bag comes along.
If you like Rubis and Tosca, why not wait for that? Yes, maybe it can take a while before you find it, but it will be worth it at the end, don't you think ;)?

Also, your question regarding which one is more popular or sought after, you shouldn't pick a color just because it's popular. You should pick it because you love it and because it works for you :smile:.

The "bouggie" for sure. Think of the inside of a watermelon and you have bouganvillea -- pink and red blended to perfection.

I was shown a Sanguine kelly when it came out; although loverly to be sure, I felt it was too much in the orange family and I have an orange kelly already so there was no temptation. Now if I hadn't had the orange it would have been a lovely piece. Since you do not want orange undertones bring home a bouganvillea. (Lucky you!!)

Thank you everyone for your inputs!! so its pretty much hands down Bougainvillea!!!

I was offered one in clemence so it'll be a tad less red than epsom

I suppose it's good considering the fact that kelly 35 is such a hugh bag

Hope this color doesn't look too much as a kelly 35!?!?!

If you ladies are still reading ,

I was wondering what about Ciel VS Bougainvillea??!!??

I was offered this other choice of Ciel kelly 35

I have a quite boring wardrobe that will go well with ceil

but i'm afraid if will be too light that it will get color transfers or darkened handles

really easily!! or will it not???

Dilemma Dilemma Dilemma....