Boucheron Quatre Ring: Deciding on colour combo

Pazdzernika

Mar 26, 2011
For Quatre owners (current or future), how did you decide on what colour combo to choose? I'm drawn to the one with chocolate gold and even DH was surprised at how well it wore on my skin tone. (I'm olive - I've been told my skintone is similar to Jessica Alba's.) We weren't expecting to like this ring so much because at first glance it looks like plumbing fittings! I typically wear a lot of pinks, blushes and whites and so I'm wondering if I should lean towards the ceramic white version? Ceramic seems like an odd material to have on a ring - wouldn't it be prone to chipping off?

How did you/would you all decide?
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1399421309.362955.jpg

The ring on the right is described as 'Yellow, white, pink gold ring and brown PVD' - forgive my ignorance, but what does "PVD" stand for?
Is this for an everyday ring?

Ceramic wears well as far as it's really really difficult to scratch, BUT it can break or crack if it's hit hard enough or in the right spot.

PVD I haven't had experience with but I know it is a coating that is used on watches (and other things, but watches being the most relevant). So googling PVD and watches may help find some information about it and its durability.

brown. the white honestly looks out of place on such an elegant ring. it cheapens something which is actually crazy expensive.

edited to add: however I just looked at pics of the white version in different lighting and angles and it looks much prettier. so while I still prefer the brown I take back my statement about the white, it's very pretty too.

Ah, thanks for the info that PVD is a coating!

Stmary- Great point about the contrast. I knew I was drawn to the brown more but I couldn't articulate exactly why. I think I like it for the reason that you point out!

For Quatre owners (current or future), how did you decide on what colour combo to choose? I'm drawn to the one with chocolate gold and even DH was surprised at how well it wore on my skin tone. (I'm olive - I've been told my skintone is similar to Jessica Alba's.) We weren't expecting to like this ring so much because at first glance it looks like plumbing fittings! I typically wear a lot of pinks, blushes and whites and so I'm wondering if I should lean towards the ceramic white version? Ceramic seems like an odd material to have on a ring - wouldn't it be prone to chipping off?

How did you/would you all decide?
View attachment 2606874
Another vote for the brown.

^If it has diamonds all around, no. At least, that's what I've been told by Cartier re: diamond eternity rings.

There are plain versions of both rings (without diamonds), though. Those might be able to be re-sized.