Bottom support for a Speedy 30

B. Jara

O.G.
Oct 30, 2005
I know there were some great suggestions a while back about what to put in the bottom of a Speedy in order to keep it from sagging. Now I can't find it. :shame:

I would love to hear any and all suggestions!! TIA!

I went to a craft store and bought a very thin piece of flexible clear plastic. I cut it to size and put it in the bottom of my speedy. Gives it just enough support without looking boxy.

livethelake said:
I went to a craft store and bought a very thin piece of flexible clear plastic. I cut it to size and put it in the bottom of my speedy. Gives it just enough support without looking boxy.

OK, that is along the lines of what I am looking for. I remember someone saying they put a piece of lucite in the bottom, but I think that may be too firm.

Thanks for your suggestion. :yes:

I'd probably cover the plastic in some kind of fabric, I'd be worried about the edges of the plastic rubbing against the inside of the bag.

LoriB said:
I'd probably cover the plastic in some kind of fabric, I'd be worried about the edges of the plastic rubbing against the inside of the bag.

The plastic I'm using is very very thin (about the thickness of a piece of copier paper) so even though two of the sides are trimmed, there really aren't any sharp edges :smile: and lays flat on the bottom of the bag.