Bottega's Unique Weaving and Treatment Processes

this thread makes me appreciate bv even more. when they say workmanship, it is really workmanship, very labor and skill intensive!

i will bookmark this thread. too bad it's not a sticky, and has not been updated.

thanks a lot for the info!

this thread makes me appreciate bv even more. when they say workmanship, it is really workmanship, very labor and skill intensive!

i will bookmark this thread. too bad it's not a sticky, and has not been updated.

thanks a lot for the info!

+1. I'm only a few pages in and am loving the pics and history. Thanks for bumping.

This new treatment for Resort 2015-2016 is called CRAVATTERIA. It is an embroidery and screen print process. The inspiration on this collection is the geometric patterns found on men's neckties. Here are a few examples:

Attachments

• CravKnotR1516.jpg
    CravKnotR1516.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 905
  • CravpillowR1516.jpg
    CravpillowR1516.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 885
  • CravtoteR1516.jpg
    CravtoteR1516.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 893
Not sure if this counts, and haven't seen it posted yet...

INTRECCIO TOBU AYERS OLIMPIA BAG
Rare, precious materials and supreme workmanship add a touch of luxurious glamour to this striking Olimpia bag. Inspired by the Teatro Olimpico, designed by Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio, the piece has been rendered in exotic ayers and tone-on-tone nappa leather. With a striking 3D-effect, the compact contours have been entirely crafted in signature intrecciato, offset by a hand-stitched array of Intreccio Tobu ‘wing’ accents. Finished with the new and distinctive metal handles with a comfortable leather carrying strap, the design comes complete with a velours-lined compartment, internal zip pocket, smartphone sleeve, a coordinated ayers mirror and brunito-finish accents.
Currently available on bottegaveneta.com
(detail photo: CIEL, Olimpia photo: PRUSSE)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-02 at 3.04.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-02 at 3.04.18 PM.png
    786.7 KB · Views: 867
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-02 at 3.05.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-02 at 3.05.09 PM.png
    282.5 KB · Views: 851
Smooth Nappa leather decorated with metallic stitching in the shape of small squares. The thread catches the light and recalls Bottega Veneta's signature interwoven pattern. Available on selected SLGs.
Shown in Nero, and closeup in New Light Grey.
Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 2.31.11 PM.png New Lt Grey w:metallic stitching .png
*text & photos: Bottega Veneta

Inspired by @etoupebirkin 's beautiful reveal, I thought I would post this Knot here.

OTTONE ANTICO KARUNG KNOT WITH METAL DETAILS
50th Anniversary Limited Edition

Hand-crafted in metallic-sprayed karung leather, the bag is encased in a luminous silver grid and embellished with an array of flowers. Each flower is a jewel in its own right, designed in silver and translucent enamel. The iconic engraved clasp is crafted in silver and brushed with gold, adding a luxurious finishing touch. Lined in soft nappa and featuring the 50th Anniversary engraved plaque.
Ottone Antico Karung Knot FW2017.png Ottone Antico Karung Knot Detail.png
Ottone Antico Karung Knot Interior.png