Bottega Venetia initials tote

Shelly319

May 13, 2015
Hey everyone I have been looking at the bv initials tote and was wondering if anyone else had this bag and what you think of it. I would love to see photos if you have any and whether you think the tote is durable and whether there are any pockets in the tote. I am looking for a new tote. I am tired of lv and most recently I have been disappointed with goyard. I had thought about the garden party but that is more of a crook of the arm bag and I'm looking for something I can carry over the shoulder. I want something that does not scream logo like Chanel or Gucci. Thanks!

Can you post a picture? I'm not sure what the Initials Tote is. If it's the one I'm thinking of (below), I don't know if I've ever seen it revealed on the forum.
image.jpeg

Reactions: Shelly319
I've come close to ordering one several time but have passed since the letters are painted on and I'm just not confident that I'd like the result. I think the color choice of the initials makes a difference on how good it looks. I played with a tone on tone look and liked that best.

I went a stitching event where BV had bags you could monogram. The letters were made of crocodile and stitched on--much better.

I'm also interested in feedback on this subject.

I've come close to ordering one several time but have passed since the letters are painted on and I'm just not confident that I'd like the result. I think the color choice of the initials makes a difference on how good it looks. I played with a tone on tone look and liked that best.

I went a stitching event where BV had bags you could monogram. The letters were made of crocodile and stitched on--much better.

IMO, Goyard and LV do a much nicer job painting initials and designs.

Very interesting! I had no idea they had that option. I'd love to hear about anyone who has chosen the stitched look as well. Also like you I have wondered how the paint will look after a while and there are a number of color options I don't know what would look best.

IMO, Goyard and LV do a much nicer job painting initials and designs.

Lv also has great quality handbags. Unfortunately I cannot say the same about Goyard. Three months into owning one with very light use and I baby my bags and the handles showed cracking on every side. According to Goyard this is normal wear and tear. I have never experienced any handbags cracking with other lux brands whether Chanel lv or Gucci.

I think the larger size tote would be comparable to a Goyard St. Louis or Neverfull. (Both GMs I suppose?)
Because the BV is leather I would assume it would be a bit heavier than the other two brands mentioned above.
It may be a bit susceptible to corner wear as many BVs are, but it may wear better overall. I don't have any experience with that particular tote but I have been a fan of the Intrecciolusion and Intrecciomirage Totes although they are not popular with a lot of the ladies here. I haven't bought one yet but I think they're great carryalls.
I wasn't sure what your initials were, so I had a little fun with it.

image.png image.png image.jpg

I think the larger size tote would be comparable to a Goyard St. Louis or Neverfull. (Both GMs I suppose?)
Because the BV is leather I would assume it would be a bit heavier than the other two brands mentioned above.
It may be a bit susceptible to corner wear as many BVs are, but it may wear better overall. I don't have any experience with that particular tote but I have been a fan of the Intrecciolusion and Intrecciomirage Totes although they are not popular with a lot of the ladies here. I haven't bought one yet but I think they're great carryalls.

View attachment 3554199 View attachment 3554200 View attachment 3554201

Lol

Ha! I enjoyed this.

Seriously I love the red tote and actually have this bookmarked for quite some time. Never considered monogrammed but this thread has peaked my interest. Will sit back and see what happens here. [emoji6]

V0N, you are so funny!!! LOL about this post.

So I picked up the ayers tote yesterday online and got it delivered today and the suede lining smells bad. Anyone else ever experience this bottega suede products? This is a returned item so I wonder if the previous person wore just bad perfume. If the suede does normally then I think the initials tote is out for me because it is also a suede lining. I cannot stand things that have an odor. Ugh.

So I picked up the ayers tote yesterday online and got it delivered today and the suede lining smells bad. Anyone else ever experience this bottega suede products? This is a returned item so I wonder if the previous person wore just bad perfume. If the suede does normally then I think the initials tote is out for me because it is also a suede lining. I cannot stand things that have an odor. Ugh.

I've never noticed a weird smell. Usually they have a Devine leather smell I'd like to bottle. [emoji6]

I have never experienced a bad smell although I do not know what you mean by bad. If the bag is new it should smell like leather which usually dissipates after a while. If the item was stored inappropriately it may have developed mold which can smell bad or if it belonged to a heavy smoker the bag may have taken on the smell of it but if it's new it shouldn't smell bad. Could it possibly be the scent from packing material? I would try airing it out for a day or two to see if that would help.