Bottega Veneta to open store in Bellevue, WA

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
Looks like our WA folks will finally lose our sales tax free status in 2009, lol! Here is an article about it: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/retailreport/2008093055_retailreportdige05.html

Bottega Veneta to open store at The Bravern in Bellevue
Upscale leather goods retailer moving into Jimmy Choo and Neiman Marcus's neighborhood.

By Amy Martinez
Seattle Times business reporter

Italian leather goods purveyor Bottega Veneta plans to open its first Northwest store at The Bravern in downtown Bellevue.

The ultra-pricey retailer will occupy 1,700 square feet of space facing 110th Ave. NE, joining a Bravern tenant roster that also includes Neiman Marcus, Jimmy Choo and Red Door Spa.

Founded in northeast Italy in 1966 and bought by Gucci in 2001, Bottega Veneta owned 113 stores worldwide at the end of last year. It currently has 20 U.S. locations, including San Francisco, Las Vegas and Chicago.

Its Web site lists women's handbags for up to $17,800, shoes for more than $500 and a "basic" men's wallet for $360.

Developed by Schnitzer West, The Bravern includes two office buildings leased to Microsoft and 455 condo units in two towers above 305,000 square feet of retail space scheduled to open in fall 2009.

Yep that's the story I saw last month.

I'll visit the store for sure if we do a tPF meetup there, but I expect to be "done" buying bags pretty soon -- my collection is nearly complete and I'm going to have to start directing my disposable income toward house stuff next year!