Bottega Veneta master-class

ksuromax

MADBAGGER
Authenticator
Feb 9, 2016
Dubai, UAE
Good day to all,
I think I gotta share this with all BV fans, this is how our lovely bags are made :smile:
Taken at Dubai Mall in Feb-2016

Reactions: Ahot

grietje

O.G.
Oct 18, 2007
How neat! The San Francisco boutique had a stitching event where you could see a Cabat being made and buy special bags that you could initial. It didn't have the oversized BV 'house' though.

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
Apr 1, 2012
Seeing that woman so meticulously making a bag is amazing. Thanks for sharing!!!

Reactions: muggles

indiaink

Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
Wow, I would have loved to take those scraps off their hands - I can smell that pile of sweet-smelling magical leather.

How wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

Jbr12

Feb 9, 2016
It's quite amazing how we are all madly in love with a bag that's essentially made of scraps and off-cuts.

Lovely pics though - the giant bags are spectacular!

Apr 15, 2007
WOW!!! How extraordinary this is & leave it to BV to bring this to a new level
with these larger than life bags

Thanks for sharing..

indiaink

Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
It's quite amazing how we are all madly in love with a bag that's essentially made of scraps and off-cuts.

Lovely pics though - the giant bags are spectacular!
Ah, but what they do with the scraps and off-cuts is what we're in love with. The centuries-old craftsmanship that Bottega Veneta continues to bring to the 'now' for all of us to enjoy. At one point this craft was almost lost. BV was instrumental in bringing it back, and even opening a leather school in Italy.

Hope that helps you understand the mad love, Jbr12.

Reactions: Doncaster42

blueiris

O.G.
May 11, 2008
United States
Thanks for sharing these photos with us! I really like the one showing the office cart full of fettucce, ready to be woven. That soft lavender color is really pretty.

ksuromax

MADBAGGER
Authenticator
Feb 9, 2016
Dubai, UAE
you are all welcome :smile:
I am glad you liked the pix
I was there for about one hour, and I couldn't stop watching her hands, that was a kind of hypnotizing magic :smile:

Reactions: Doncaster42

ksuromax

MADBAGGER
Authenticator
Feb 9, 2016
Dubai, UAE
Wow, I would have loved to take those scraps off their hands - I can smell that pile of sweet-smelling magical leather.

How wonderful! Thank you for sharing!
Thanks for sharing these photos with us! I really like the one showing the office cart full of fettucce, ready to be woven. That soft lavender color is really pretty.
Actually, I did take one strap with me as a souvenir :smile:
I asked her if I could take one, and she was really pleased and said I was free to have one :smile:
it's long enough to wrap loosely my wrist twice, I am considering making a hand-made bracelet, or, maybe, will use it as a strap for a bag-charm, when I find a perfect one

Attachments