Bottega Veneta Loop or Chesta?

Hi - I am thinking of getting a new Bottega Veneta for work. I tried the Chester and Loop Bag today. I love the Loop, but since it is deep, I am not sure if it is hard to reach for my stuff.

If I get the loop, I want it in black. If it is the Chester, maybe New Light Grey or Dark Moss. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 45216674CJ_16_fp.jpg
    45216674CJ_16_fp.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 667
  • black loop.jpg
    black loop.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 651
what is your preference in handles?
Loop will be a tad more difficult to dig in not taking off the shoulder, at the same time more secure.
Chester, imo, is a bit more easy, and probably lighter (depends on the size of both) and given that you will be using it for work, I guess it will be more A4 files friendly
Good luck deciding! :flowers:

Reactions: Lara Madeleine
Is the Chester the new name for the Rete tote?

The Rete is great for work. I had the larger size and used it extensively, especially when I was traveling a ton. It holds a lot and look dressy but friendly.

I actually think the Loop is quite dressy but I’m not sure of the practicality of a hobo. Am I old fashioned when I think a two handle bag is just more business like? I forgot your profession so I can’t say which is more appropriate.

The Chester (I’m assuming it’s formerly known as Rete) is not very structured compared to the Loop pictured. It becomes very soft and pliant and melts into a puddle when you set it down. This Loop definitely holds its shape more and seems to be a little bit dressier bag IMHO.

Just for the sake of keeping the information in this forum accurate for future generations of BV enthusiasts, it's the Cesta Bag. (pronounced "chestah")
Like @grietje wrote above, the Cesta (formerly known here as the Rete Tote) is a better choice for a designated work bag if you're thinking of carrying a laptop/tablet and assorted work-related files.
The Loop Hobo is pretty but I think the hardware makes it more formal/dressy.

I'm curious as to which bag was finally bought, if any. I am having the Loop shipped to me (I don't have a local boutique) and I will see if it is big enough for what I want. I think the large veneta was a tad too big for me, but if the Loop is too small, I'm getting the large veneta. Ultimately, I want a bag that holds more than my medium veneta.

Perhaps the metallics are less soft? My Cesta was too soft for such an open bag. I don’t mind the softness in Veneta, Parachute or cervo Loop because they are less open in the top. I don’t use the Cesta anymore and gave it to my housekeeper.

Perhaps the metallics are less soft? My Cesta was too soft for such an open bag. I don’t mind the softness in Veneta, Parachute or cervo Loop because they are less open in the top. I don’t use the Cesta anymore and gave it to my housekeeper.
You make a good point. The metallics probably stay more structured. Knowing that, I think I’d pass on a non metallic in this style. I bet you put a smile on your housekeepers face! I gave a never carried purple pleated Veneta to mine.....she loves purple......she was thrilled.

I have a Pourpre python tote, not sure if it's the Cesta as to my eye it seems more N>S and has a zipper at the top too, but it's similar. Its great having adjustable handles and it's a great shape to keep organised.

Love the hw on the Loop although I usually don't like BV hw save the knot on the knot.

I think you have to decide whether you want a hobo or a tote for work? Tote can go work > leisure, hobo (for me) more Summer and leisure/casual but it also depends on what type of work you do.

Reactions: Lara Madeleine
I am not sure if you have decided yet, but I just got the large loop. I found in person, the loop is more formal than say, the veneta, but when I look at the Cesta I think more for "work." The large loop is deep, yes, but even with my medium veneta which I adore, I find I have to place it down off my shoulder to dig around. I don't think the small loop will give you too much trouble, but it probably also depends what you are going to put in it.

Reactions: anniebhu