Bottega Veneta Jodie Bag

I have it in the limited edition metallic pink which is the same finish from what I recall. I have worn it maybe half a dozen times and it is not showing any signs of wear. I think these metallic versions are definitely able to be used for formal occasions and I have done so on a couple of occasions.
Pink!!! Do you have a photo you could share?

Being new to the BV sub-forum and new to BV, I am happy to say that I was able to make a decision about my Teen\Small dilemma. This was largely due to all of you! I was able to find a new-unused small Caramel Jodie on a reputable site.

Shoulder drop of the Teen was insufficient for what I was wanting…and I just love the big(ger), slouchy look of the small. After a struggle over colors, and tending to be partial to black bags, this seemed like a good neutral that I can use year-round.

You all have been so helpful! Will return with pics!
Congrats! I’ve been eyeing this combination in foreverrrr! Hope you enjoy it and please do post pics! :heart:

Reactions: OCMomof3 and rose80
Oh I think you could totally dress this beautiful lavender shade for fall/winter! I’d wear it year-round! Congrats!:love:
Agree! This color would look beautiful with charcoal gray, heathered browns, deep plum and eggplant, navy blue, to name a few. I also think it would pair well with chalcedony and tanzanite jewelry accents. So pretty!

Picked this up a few months ago but haven't shared/used it yet. Wasn't sure how I felt about the Jodies (any size) bc I already have and am still very happy with my classic hobos (large black, med red). I also found a very vintage tiny red one on ebay a few years ago... which def doesn't hold a lot and reminded me of the mini Jodies when they came out (I included a side-by-side to show the size comparison).

Most of my BVs are black, so when I started getting interested in a clutch-sized bag that had the option of being hands-free (bc let's be real, that's basically what it is lol) I told myself if I saw a pop of color I liked, I might bite the bullet. I knew I didn't want a color that was too... "popular", and didn't want one that was too Spring or too Fall. I almost pulled the trigger on Raintree, but decided it was definitely very evening/fall... and maybe a cop-out for me as a substitute for black. Loved seeing all the pics/reading the advice here!

My mini Jodie in Blaster, via FF.

20220923_154119.jpg

20220923_154059.jpg

IMG_20220923_151033_011.jpg

Screenshot_20220923_160156_Gallery.jpg
(Colors available at my local boutique when I went; holding Raintree.)

20220923_154217.jpg

Screenshot_20220923_170824_Google.jpg
My pics always make it seem more blue, but it's def more teal. I do like how the color shifts depending on what you wear.

Last edited:
Picked this up a few months ago but haven't shared/used it yet. Wasn't sure how I felt about the Jodies (any size) bc I already have and am still very happy with my classic hobos (large black, med red). I also found a very vintage tiny red one on ebay a few years ago... which def doesn't hold a lot and reminded me of the mini Jodies when they came out (I included a side-by-side to show the size comparison).

Most of my BVs are black, so when I started getting interested in a clutch-sized bag that had the option of being hands-free (bc let's be real, that's basically what it is lol) I told myself if I saw a pop of color I liked, I might bite the bullet. I knew I didn't want a color that was too... "popular", and didn't want one that was too Spring or too Fall. I almost pulled the trigger on Raintree, but decided it was definitely very evening/fall... and maybe a cop-out for me as a substitute for black. Loved seeing all the pics/reading the advice here!

View attachment 5616368

View attachment 5616370

View attachment 5616371

View attachment 5616372

View attachment 5616374

View attachment 5616379
My pics always make it seem more blue, but it's def more teal. I do like how the color shifts depending on what you wear.
Lovely color! :love: mini Jodie is such a great versatile bag IMO. Enjoy!
Thank you for posting a comparison picture with the mini classic hobo! I like that both are different enough :smile:
Would you say both have similar capacity? Which one fits more?

Reactions: rose80 and OCMomof3
Lovely color! :love: mini Jodie is such a great versatile bag IMO. Enjoy!
Thank you for posting a comparison picture with the mini classic hobo! I like that both are different enough :smile:
Would you say both have similar capacity? Which one fits more?
Thanks! I think once I do start/have a chance to use it I will be very happy with it.

The MJ definitely holds more - the vintage mini hobo is flat, like all the OG hobos, so it really does BARELY hold anything...:giggle: maybe my phone (Samsung Galaxy Fold3), my BV card holder (men's, 6 slot), and my car key fob. The croissant shape of the MJ means I can put way more inside. Hope that helps!

Reactions: Swathi
Thanks! I think once I do start/have a chance to use it I will be very happy with it.

The MJ definitely holds more - the vintage mini hobo is flat, like all the OG hobos, so it really does BARELY hold anything...:giggle: maybe my phone (Samsung Galaxy Fold3), my BV card holder (men's, 6 slot), and my car key fob. The croissant shape of the MJ means I can put way more inside. Hope that helps!
Thank you! I wouldn’t have guessed the OG hobo fits that little looking at the picture

Reactions: imunlisted
Thank you so much!

Thank you! Small is flying to me right now;)

Thank you!!! :smile:

If I could, I would take them all hehe thank you for your comment, really appreciate it. They did not have a small jodie in fondant in the boutique so I tried a black one (but silver hardware is no for me) :smile: the teen was in potion colour which I really love. I did what you recommeneded i.e. bought a small jodie in fondant online. It will be with me tomorrow hehe love this fast EU shipping. If she stays with me, the next handbag will be a large intrecciato pouch (hope in the near future) :biggrin:
I bought the small in Fondant too and I love it. I usually prefer smaller bags than this now but the small is so timeless and has such a perfect slouch which shows the leather off beautifully. It’s very ‘arty’ and reminds me of the styles I had when I was younger. The size is perfect on you and I wish you joy when wearing it!

View attachment 5616368

View attachment 5616370

View attachment 5616371

View attachment 5616372

View attachment 5616374

View attachment 5616379
So gorgeous! I was 95% leaning towards Blaster (other colour was grape) but I think I’m set on Blaster now