Bottega Veneta Jodie Bag

Help! I am SO torn on color . I loved the porridge but it’s very yellow. So I compared the white and almond. I don’t know why but I just love the white mini jodie. The almond looks better on the double knot bag…am I crazy to get it in white? Will I want to wear this year Round (mostly for going out but I live in the Northeast)

406B1B16-499A-4E4A-AC31-38E78FD7777E.jpeg

Help! I am SO torn on color . I loved the porridge but it’s very yellow. So I compared the white and almond. I don’t know why but I just love the white mini jodie. The almond looks better on the double knot bag…am I crazy to get it in white? Will I want to wear this year Round (mostly for going out but I live in the Northeast)

View attachment 5590339
I don't think it's crazy at all to get it in white. It it looks great with your skin tone, and white can work surprisingly well in the winter. I would just be careful about wearing it with darker clothing.

Reactions: rose80
I don't think it's crazy at all to get it in white. It it looks great with your skin tone, and white can work surprisingly well in the winter. I would just be careful about wearing it with darker clothing.
Thanks! You may have just sold me -I just keep coming back to the white I would love to do a green or some bright color but I’m just basic ha (I mean I usually do black) yes that’s my only concern but even if I did porridge or almond id still have the color transfer issues! Thanks for your help I have literally been deciding on this bag for a loooong time

Reactions: Evergreen602
Having the same problem! The white is really beautiful but I am so afraid of how it will hold up, I think porridge would be better but honestly get the bag that makes you happy.
I was SO into the porridge. But as I saw it in different lighting I didn’t love the yellow tones vs the white but it’s gorgeous. But also super light so either one you def have to be careful. I’m just envisioning being out to dinner and like sauce splatters and the bag is now red and white tie dye eek

Seconding that white intrecciato doesn't hold up well from what I've seen on other people's bags -- the weave gets raggedy and looks worn quicker than other colors. However I think from a distance it's not that noticeable. I love winter whites, so I could see this being gorgeous with colder weather clothing as well (I also live in the Northeast). I own two mini Jodies and they fit more than you would expect since they are kind of a mushy round shape; I have the samsung flip phone so it's very compact and easy to use with these bags, but a normal slab phone also does fit fine from my experience. I can easily fit a phone, small card holder, lip products or equivalent, airpods, car key, mask, hand sanitizer and maybe a small extra. The main drawback is only being able to hand-hold it, but that's also what makes it so chic. My advice is to get what you love, because big-braining the decision has backfired on me many times :smile:

Seconding that white intrecciato doesn't hold up well from what I've seen on other people's bags -- the weave gets raggedy and looks worn quicker than other colors. However I think from a distance it's not that noticeable. I love winter whites, so I could see this being gorgeous with colder weather clothing as well (I also live in the Northeast). I own two mini Jodies and they fit more than you would expect since they are kind of a mushy round shape; I have the samsung flip phone so it's very compact and easy to use with these bags, but a normal slab phone also does fit fine from my experience. I can easily fit a phone, small card holder, lip products or equivalent, airpods, car key, mask, hand sanitizer and maybe a small extra. The main drawback is only being able to hand-hold it, but that's also what makes it so chic. My advice is to get what you love, because big-braining the decision has backfired on me many times :smile:
I agree! Actually the almond one looks a little ratty clearly from being handled by customers-but also this is not gonna be an everyday bag so wondering if that may slow down the wear and tear. Yes, it’s great advice but I also will not be happy if it starts to look worn since the cost of this bag has gotten steep

I agree! Actually the almond one looks a little ratty clearly from being handled by customers-but also this is not gonna be an everyday bag so wondering if that may slow down the wear and tear. Yes, it’s great advice but I also will not be happy if it starts to look worn since the cost of this bag has gotten steep
It is really SO expensive now. But if it's gonna be more of an occasional bag for you (it is for me too), I think you'll probably do fine on wear and tear. Mine both look pristine with occasional use. I have the parakeet and the fondant colors. :heart: