Bottega Veneta Jodie Bag

My new baby! Bought her yesterday and immediately took her out for dinner. It’s the perfect Spring/Summer color and size! I’m in love and it’s been a very long time since I’ve fallen in love with a bag!
That bag in that color photographs so well. Congrats! I never thought I would be drawn to a peachy pink... and here I am :smile:

Hi everyone! So I can’t find any reviews on that bag. It caught my eye while I was buying something else and it was instant love. I can’t stop thinking about it but I know I won’t get much use out of it because it’s small and handheld.
Anyone bought this bag? Some feedback would be appreciated! What fits? How practical/delicate is it...
picture attached is when I grabbed it in store.
I bought it in red and ended up returning for the exact reason you mention. You can fit plenty into the bag but not having a crossbody or shoulder option makes this a going out to dinner / out to drinks bag only. Which is totally fine - but if you want more use out of it you might get annoyed with the lack of functionality. I wish BV would create a size between this and the small, as the next size up in the Jodie is huge (and the bag is so stunning).

Has anyone noticed that the Almond leather is more shiny than the others? I bought the Almond, Chalk and Black to choose between and I thought I'd probably go for the Almond as it's nice for summer but a bit more practical than the Chalk. The leather has this kind of plasticky sheen though which makes it look a bit cheap. Has anyone else found this? I'm wondering if it's just how the leather on that shade is or if it varies from bag to bag.

I'm torn now as to which colour to keep - which would you go for? My OH thinks the black isn't as special and you don't see the weave as much, but am I crazy to keep Chalk given it's a hand-held bag?

I bought it in red and ended up returning for the exact reason you mention. You can fit plenty into the bag but not having a crossbody or shoulder option makes this a going out to dinner / out to drinks bag only. Which is totally fine - but if you want more use out of it you might get annoyed with the lack of functionality. I wish BV would create a size between this and the small, as the next size up in the Jodie is huge (and the bag is so stunning).
I ended up buying both sizes, the mini and small. I barely use the mini as it’s not practical for everyday. But recently I’ve been enjoying the small one a lot. The leather softened very quickly after a few wears and the bag doesn’t look big anymore. It fits the same amount as the old small veneta model. I posted a mod shot of my ice small Jodie in this thread (not too long ago). It molds beautifully to the shoulder, doesn’t slip and fits all your essentials. I have a toddler and I can still use it while carrying my child.