Bottega Veneta Jodie Bag

Just curious - Was the jodie shape changed more than once? Or does the shape just change due to the slouch effect? I noticed on social media there are some bloggers who have a much larger looking, squarer shape that looks different than some other older square mini Jodies.

The first two photos look like the bag has a very boxy and bigger looking shape. The last three photos it still looks square, but a bit rounder and smaller - not as round as the current shape out now. I guess it’s from the slouch? Are these different shapes?? Or perhaps I’ve been staring at mini Jodies for too long?? Lol!

I did buy the old shape mini jodie in the colour Cipria, found it new and on sale on fashionphile so I snapped it up!! Can’t wait to receive it!!!!

Attachments

• EA8842A2-C7D8-4628-B2DC-B6174AC7EFEC.jpeg
    EA8842A2-C7D8-4628-B2DC-B6174AC7EFEC.jpeg
    320.5 KB · Views: 191
  • 5C76ABF2-CB99-4F7E-AC59-10F93E4EB799.jpeg
    5C76ABF2-CB99-4F7E-AC59-10F93E4EB799.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 205
  • C956B75A-95C2-4C12-BE99-B44EA3FD30DA.jpeg
    C956B75A-95C2-4C12-BE99-B44EA3FD30DA.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 195
  • A94BF6F0-7B9B-46E0-A537-C18FA7112956.jpeg
    A94BF6F0-7B9B-46E0-A537-C18FA7112956.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 33ABE67E-C08A-4A4E-AAA9-8497278E2D37.jpeg
    33ABE67E-C08A-4A4E-AAA9-8497278E2D37.jpeg
    189.3 KB · Views: 171
Just curious - Was the jodie shape changed more than once? Or does the shape just change due to the slouch effect? I noticed on social media there are some bloggers who have a much larger looking, squarer shape that looks different than some other older square mini Jodies.

The first two photos look like the bag has a very boxy and bigger looking shape. The last three photos it still looks square, but a bit rounder and smaller - not as round as the current shape out now. I guess it’s from the slouch? Are these different shapes?? Or perhaps I’ve been staring at mini Jodies for too long?? Lol!

I did buy the old shape mini jodie in the colour Cipria, found it new and on sale on fashionphile so I snapped it up!! Can’t wait to receive it!!!!
Ok here’s the tea... lol as someone who’s had 4 mini jodies (both new and old models), all 4 pics are the original “old” shape model. The only difference between the first two and and the last two are that the first two are most likely brand new so the slouching hasn’t happened yet because there hasn’t been enough use. It’s inevitable. The jodie (old and new shape) is going to look slouchy with some use. Belle o me it’s very obvious which is the old and the new shape because the new shape is much rounder. 5D3C4DFF-83B2-4E87-883E-F5B12121697B.png2A2482AD-41E3-4D2F-B09F-ADAB40EB9EBA.jpeg

Ok here’s the tea... lol as someone who’s had 4 mini jodies (both new and old models), all 4 pics are the original “old” shape model. The only difference between the first two and and the last two are that the first two are most likely brand new so the slouching hasn’t happened yet because there hasn’t been enough use. It’s inevitable. The jodie (old and new shape) is going to look slouchy with some use. Belle o me it’s very obvious which is the old and the new shape because the new shape is much rounder. View attachment 5046772View attachment 5046773

thanks so much! Okay that’s what I thought but figured asking here would clear it up! I love the slouch! I just couldn’t figure out if they were entirely different shapes or not. The slouchy ones don’t look like the less used square ones or the rounder new ones. I’m really looking forward to mine slouching now.

I’ve only seen the new shape in person so I’ve been relying on Instagram for pics or videos of the old shape! Not many review videos on YT actually. And congrats on all the Jodies lol

thanks so much! Okay that’s what I thought but figured asking here would clear it up! I love the slouch! I just couldn’t figure out if they were entirely different shapes or not. The slouchy ones don’t look like the less used square ones or the rounder new ones. I’m really looking forward to mine slouching now.

I’ve only seen the new shape in person so I’ve been relying on Instagram for pics or videos of the old shape! Not many review videos on YT actually. And congrats on all the Jodies lol
Haha well I sold two actually and pretty much made my money back (ice recently and kiwi months ago). I just couldn’t justify having that many tbh, and also realized that the grass and ice cream were the ones I was going to be using the most. As for the slouching, here’s my experience... got my first ice jodie March 2020 days before pandemic hit and IMMEDIATELY hated the shape it came as (too square and stiff) and so due to the fact I wasn’t going anywhere really, I figured I would speed up the “use process” by putting a small water bottle in the bag and hanging it on a door in my house. Well after maybe a week or less it had that perfect natural casual slouch that I initially wanted. Now maybe 6 months later I took a turn and realized I actually kinda liked the “croissant” shape in once had and really regretted my decision; because at that point I knew there was no going back. So my advice to you is that you really make sure that’s what you want definitively.

Reactions: Cardamom
I was in the store recently to check out the ‘almond’ shade (mine is in sandalwood) and yes the new mini Jodies are definitely rounder and also quite a bit smaller. The zipper is different as well. I prefer the older shape tbh!

Unfortunately I didn’t manage to get a comparison photo cuz I got distracted by a gorgeous Arco 33 in Bordeaux :P

Would you be able to tell me the difference between the Almond and the Sandalwood? I'm struggling to find any comparison pics online. Thank you!

Almond is ever-so-slightly lighter.

Thankyou - that’s what I thought. When was Sandalwood from? It hasn’t been available for a while has it? I have been wondering whether to pull the trigger on the Almond but not sure if it’s quite as nice as Sandalwood. I love the Chalk too but I’m worried the handle would just look grubby very quickly.
If anyone has any thoughts on these colours, would love to hear!

Thankyou - that’s what I thought. When was Sandalwood from? It hasn’t been available for a while has it? I have been wondering whether to pull the trigger on the Almond but not sure if it’s quite as nice as Sandalwood. I love the Chalk too but I’m worried the handle would just look grubby very quickly.
If anyone has any thoughts on these colours, would love to hear!
Sandalwood has been discontinued I believe. Chalk is quite lovely but you have to worry a bit more about color transfer etc...

Reactions: Ems0702
Sandalwood has been discontinued I believe. Chalk is quite lovely but you have to worry a bit more about color transfer etc...
Yes, that's my fear. Has anyone had the Chalk one long enough to report back on how the handle holds up? I might order the Almond so I can see the colour in person as I've read people say it's nicer IRL.

My new baby! Bought her yesterday and immediately took her out for dinner. It’s the perfect Spring/Summer color and size! I’m in love and it’s been a very long time since I’ve fallen in love with a bag!
Ugh isn’t that feeling the BEST?! Especially when it’s been so long since any bag tugged on your heartstrings!

Reactions: Euclase