Bottega Veneta Ebano Woven Leather Intrecciato Nappa Veneta Hobo Handbag

asianjade

O.G.
Dec 20, 2009
Hello, I need your expertise to answer. I am a newbie to BV and has no knowledge of it except I knew that they have wonderful light weight leather and excellent workmanship.

1) How many brown color does BV has for this style?
2) Mine said Ebano (mean brown color)?
3) What size is this 18" x 11.75" x 1"?
4) What year it is made?

Here is the picture from coutureusa. Thanks.:smile:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 6623_1_.jpg
    6623_1_.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 3,479
Hi asianjade! Welcome! I believe the bag you bought is a large. Someone correct me if I am wrong. The Veneta's trademark color is Ebano. It's a gorgeous rich chocolate! I know they used to have other browns; Moro, Tea, and they have Chene, which is a light tan color. If you want to know more specifics place photos of your bag in the authentification thread here in BV and perhaps one of the women here can help you. Make sure you display the tag on the inside.

Congratulations on your wonderful purchase!

Hi asianjade, the Ebano color is indeed a classic brown and Venetas have been made in that color for years. There are certain colors that are available all year long and this is one of them. BV does have several other browns, and I invite you to look through our reference library in the brown color thread to see them.

I went over to the website to see if the tag had a second row of numbers, that would have told us the age. Either the tag is sewn in too far down (occasionally it happens) or it predates the addition of the second line.

Thank you very much for the information. I am very exciting to own my 1st BV. You know what, I went to the BV boutigue the other day and tried on the large and same color and it looks good on me. I didn't buy at that time because I want to wait till my birthday. Then next day, I saw the same bag but cheaper than $1000.00. I could not pass up. Just got autheticated and looks good. Can't wait the bag to be here. Hopefully they don't have the wrong size listed. Cross my fingers. The bag picture looks so big. :P

Hi asianjade, the Ebano color is indeed a classic brown and Venetas have been made in that color for years. There are certain colors that are available all year long and this is one of them. BV does have several other browns, and I invite you to look through our reference library in the brown color thread to see them.

I went over to the website to see if the tag had a second row of numbers, that would have told us the age. Either the tag is sewn in too far down (occasionally it happens) or it predates the addition of the second line.

I am not able to start a new thread yet, so I thought I would piggyback on this one.

I am new to BV and love this color. Does Ebano ever go on sale? Or is it a standard color that always goes for full price?

Thanks!

I am not able to start a new thread yet, so I thought I would piggyback on this one.

I am new to BV and love this color. Does Ebano ever go on sale? Or is it a standard color that always goes for full price?

Thanks!

Ebano is a classic color but I don't believe it goes on sale at the boutiques. However, ****** is a reputable seller and she does sell BV at about 20-25 percent off. She sells seasonal colors as well as ebano and nero (black). Check www.hgbagsonline.com and send Erica a note on when she'll get a shipment in.